Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of The Carillon

Posted by LeeMe July 27, 2014
4.0

I visited this facility and was impressed with the single apartment living, along with activities that can be shared with other community residents. The biggest downfall is being on a waiting list.

Posted by paigemiller846 September 16, 2013

My brother and I researched numerous Independent living communities for our mom before finally having a “the conversation” with her about moving to a retirement community. Having never been in this position before, we were both uncertain as to exactly what we should be looking for. So, after reviewing what seemed like every senior community in the area, we finally made a decision to contact The Carillon and spoke with Ms. Paris. It was obvious from the very beginning that she had our best interest at heart. She wanted to know all about our family, and of course about mom. She answered all of our questions, and provided us with answers to questions that we hadn’t even thought about yet. It couldn’t have not been a more stress-free process. Not once did we ever feel like we were getting a sales pitch. Ms. Paris even encouraged us to go and speak with other Independent Living Communities in the area, and said that if the Carillon was where were supposed to be, that we would be back. She was right… within three weeks, we were back, talking to her yet again and making plans. I can’t tell you how many sleepless nights I spent wondering if we were all making the right decision. After all, this was ultimately mom’s decision, but we knew that she was looking to us for support. Mom was still able to get around and do things on her own, but she simply didn’t have the desire, nor the energy to live in a big old house any more. The cost of home repairs, the property taxes, and the fact that she had been living alone for the past five years since the passing of our father, was finally getting to her. She agreed that it was time for a change, and little-by-little, we all started to become more comfortable with the decision to make this move to the Carillon. In the beginning however, Mom, was not as easily convinced. She was absolutely positive that my brother and I were shipping her off to the “old folks home”. However, one of the most important things that I have learned throughout this process is that an Independent Living Facility such as The Carillon is a far cry from what some people used to refer to as the “Old Folks Home”. As it turns out, an Independent Living Community is exactly what it claims to be… it is a community for independent folks of a similar age group to live and share life experiences. All the residents that I have met at the Carillon are self asserting, wonderful people who always have a story to tell. There are no lost souls roaming the halls as some might fear. If I had to make an analogy, the folks I have met at the Carillon are the same type of folks that my mom spent time with at church, and the same type of people that she and my father had invited over for supper club and bridge every Tuesday night for the past 40 years. So… the big day came and we were all a little nervous on the day we helped her move in. Who wouldn’t be? I clearly remember calling her two and three times a day, every day, that first week to check in on her. One night, after repeated unanswered calls to mom’s apartment, I called the front desk, and asked them to please check on her. After a brief delay, the desk clerk picked up the phone with a chuckle in her voice and said, “It appears the reason your mother couldn’t answer the phone is that she is too busy playing the piano in the great room, and seems to have gathered a rather large audience. Matter of fact… . listen to this…” In the background, I could hear a piano playing a familiar tune that mom always played at home, only this time with a full chorus of voices singing along with her. Helping mom make the transition to The Carillon was by far the best decision we could have helped her make. She is now surrounded by friends and has a fantastic staff of people who care about her and who are there to assist her day or night. I sleep much better now, knowing that she is happy, safe and secure. My heartfelt thanks to the folks at the Carillon for giving my mom her life back.

Posted by Caring390870 August 02, 2011
4.0

When I first pulled up, the building reminded me of an old plantation style building back in the 1800's. Just the style of it, the way it looked in the light. But when I got inside, it was totally different and the people were upbeat and very excited to see me. In fact, they flocked to me like geese flock to you when you have bread at the park.

Everyone seem so gracious and gentle here. I had never been there before however I had driven past there at least a thousand times. I never knew it was an assisted living center. The grounds were very nicely kept and the staff were very knowledgeable and they seemed to be having more fun that the guests.

There was once instance where a patient knocked her elbow and the side of a wall and one of the caretakers rushed to her side like she had fell and broke something. It was like the guest really meant something. I was really impressed.

The only issue is that I did not get to see as much as I wanted to but I would definitely recommend the Carillon to anyone.

Location of The Carillon