Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of The Village at St. Barnabas

Posted by Robert98063450 August 30, 2014
4.0

St. Barnabas was not quite as expensive on the entrance fee, unlike the other one we visited, but it was pretty close to the same monthly pay. It was beautiful except they had a lot of things that were like one big strip, but when you go in you could go to everything from the inside. The staff was very nice. The room, the waiting area and dining room were all beautiful and nice. We even had lunch there and it was delicious. After lunch, I saw an area where they could be outside and walk down the path. The residents were very active. We saw some of them making puzzles, they framed them and they were beautiful. The only thing I had against them was the price, but I would recommend them to others.

Posted by caring010410 April 25, 2014

The Village at St Barnabas was very good, except that it was too expensive for us. It was laid out very well. The grounds are absolutely huge. The staff, as well as the food, was excellent. The apartments were excellent and VERY nice. They had everything you could possibly want. They even have a pool, fire places, and outside balcony. We watched some people do some activities in the area.

Posted by RubenT December 29, 2012
1.0

My father was there as part of an in-patient rehab program. Stay away at all costs. The building is crumbling (I have photos), the food is non-edible and I have to question the nutritional value of it. The staff can be mean and impatient and can take a very long time to respond to calls for assistance (greater than 30 minutes at least once). All together, staying at home and going without care is a better option which my father tells me over and over again (he's still upset). To top matters off they had me sign papers they said had nothing to do with financial responsibility and now they are sending attorneys after me for debt that I did not accrue. Stay away at all costs!!!

Location of The Village at St. Barnabas