Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Durham Regent

Live-In Managers at Holiday Retirement

Durham Regent is located in Durham, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to Durham Regent for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of Durham Regent

Posted by Caring68109350 February 28, 2014
4.0

Durham Regent was very nice. The staff is excellent and extremely helpful. They showed me some rooms. They have bus transportation 3 or 4 times a week to take people to shopping, hairdressers, and doctor's appointments. Transportation is really not a problem. The dining room is very nice with multiple tables for all the guests. The facility was nice and had all kinds of nice stuff. They have their own activity program, too.

Posted by Caring73387250 November 22, 2013
4.0

Durham Regent is close to where we live. It’s close to all the places my dad needs to go for his follow up appointment. He has a simple apartment. He likes the age group because there are a lot of veterans here. Legacy helps care for the residents. Food is one of the drawback, they don’t serve his diet but he can walk around it. It’s not completely salt free but it’s not a bad diet either. They also serve a good variety of fresh foods to choose from. My dad likes the place.

Posted by Rita14 September 25, 2013
4.0

I took a tour at Durham Regent and I thought that the place is actually pretty nice. I was looking for my mom and I think this facility is nice. It was very convenient to where she wanted to be and where she is right now, so she wouldn't have to re-learn an area. I really like it.

Posted by Betty27 July 11, 2013
4.0

Durham Regent, the facility itself, was fine. I was just surprised that there were so many people in wheelchairs, walkers, and canes. They had some cottages where meals were not required, but I was surprised that meals were required and included. The staff was very friendly. As far as the cleanliness, the friendliness, and so forth, they're fine, but it's not what I need right now. I'm just not interested.

Posted by purpleMom1 August 21, 2012

Staff were always pleasant and prompt. The building and grounds are very, very nice. Beautiful, modern interiors, very well-maintained individual residences, and professional gardens. The food wasn't very good, but other amenities were excellent. Lots of activities and very active seniors who actually participate and interact with one another, making for a great community. Location was excellent also, as many attractions like zoos and museums are very nearby.
One thing to remember about this place is that they only provide very limited care of the sick. People who live here must be reasonably healthy, and many people are motivated to hide their degenerative illnesses, lest they be asked to leave.

Posted by granddaughter61 May 25, 2012
4.0

The facility is clean, the rooms are nice, the staff is dedicated and seems to really listen to residents. They especially take care of residents during emergency situations, like power outages, severe cold, or outbreak of influenza. The food is good but not great, and that is the main complaint. There are a lot of activities for residents. It's a nice place to be.

Location of Durham Regent

Features of Durham Regent

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room