Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Breakers at Edgewater Beach

The Breakers at Edgewater Beach offers independent living in Chicago for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, The Breakers at Edgewater Beach will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Gracious retirement living with no expensive buy-in, just a simple lease.

Reviews of The Breakers at Edgewater Beach

Posted by Caring100991750 October 29, 2014

I loved the Breakers. It’s in the city and I thought they had all the amenities. It was reasonable and just lively. I thought the facility was beautiful and updated. The staff was very accommodating. They worked hard to please you and gave you lots of good information. The people were nice. I liked it, but my mother just didn’t care for it. She prefers suburban living as opposed to city living.

They have all kinds of activities. I think for some younger seniors it’s a great location. It’s close to the beach; the views are great. You’re close to downtown. I didn’t see anything wrong with them myself.

Posted by Caring8000 October 19, 2014

The Breakers was nice, large but I was looking for assisted living and it was an independent living. But then, they have like a-la-carte where you add on and I just don’t think that’s going to be a help for my dad. The staff was fine and the room was nice, but it wasn’t really appropriate fit for my dad.

Posted by Marilyn27 January 31, 2014
3.0

At The Breakers at Edgewater Beach, the rooms and the surroundings are fine; however, this facility has inadequate elevators. You have to wait a long time to get down to dinner. Their staff basically has good work attitude. The food is fine. For activities, they have both indoor and outdoor activities. What I like best about this facility is the fact that it's close to our son and grandson.

Posted by Donna82128250 December 31, 2013

I have a lot of chronic pain and medical conditions that require that I have a heated exercise pool. That was the reason I chose The Breakers. The other places did not have that at the temperatures that I needed. I had corresponded by email with them for several weeks actually and they practically met me at the front door. It has everything that I could hope for in a facility.

Posted by Gerry5 September 27, 2013

I like the location and the friendly atmosphere of The Breakers of Edgewater Beach. The place is very clean and very well kept. The staff talked to me about their swimming, exercise, and Yoga classes. I think they have everything pretty well covered. There wasn't anything that would need to be cleaned up or upgraded. The apartments were very good as well as the staff. I also like that it's close to the lake.

Posted by Lovely Daughter1 September 19, 2013
4.0

My dad moved in last week at The Breakers at Edgewater Beach. We chose this facility because it is in a good location. It has easy access to public transportation and there is a grocery store right down the street. Aside from the location, I also like the fact that the residents there are always busy. There's a lot of activities going on in this place. The staff members have all been very helpful and everybody is just friendly. My father is very happy and excited to be there. He also loves the food. He said it is like eating in a fine dining restaurant. I think the only thing my father has complained about is that the elevator is so slow. Other than that, it seems like a great facility and it is affordable too!

Posted by Caring357 June 12, 2013

The Breakers at Edgewater Beach was a wonderful place except that they're too expensive for me. They had very good food in their restaurant. They provided a lot of things. Their staff were all wonderful and nice.

Posted by Caring88121 June 07, 2013
4.0

I chose the Breakers at Edgewater Beach because it's a fairly large community and it is in the city of Chicago, which was important to me. It's a high rise and I wanted to live in that kind of setting. The people I spoke to were very nice and, of course, it was just within my price range. My apartment is fairly small and simple. It's got one very small, but adequate bedroom, and a very tiny, but usable enough kitchen. I could go in there and cook a meal if I chose to. The bathroom is quite nice, large, and it's going to have a walk-in shower, which is important to me because I can't use a bathtub. The living room is long, a little narrow, but again it's got huge windows with a view of the lake and downtown. The food is excellent. I haven't moved in yet, but I think it will be terrific and I am going to like it there.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd May 19, 2012
4.0

We visited the The Breakers at Edgewater Beach assisted living facility while searching for a place for our aunt to live in the area. The outside area was very nicely maintained. The foyer was fresh and bright with a very nice decor and furniture.

The grounds outside offered easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there was also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics.

Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many other stimulating activities.

All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable.

The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings in a variety of floor plans. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. They also offer guest suites for visitors.

Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered, and they also have DVDs available. They also have a convenient salon.

The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The residents go on trips to visit the many Chicago museums and art galleries, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many other cultural events offered, such as festivals, fairs and music venues.

The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

The residents here looked very content in their living environment and were well cared for by kind, considerate and attentive staff.

Location of The Breakers at Edgewater Beach

Features of The Breakers at Edgewater Beach

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: movie theater