From the Provider
Because Independence Should Always Be an Option
FirstLight HomeCare helps seniors and others maintain their independence by providing the highest level of care for those who wish to remain in their own homes. We are always on-call and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
From basic companion care (including recreational activities, running errands, housekeeping and meal preparation) to more hands-on personal care (including ambulation assistance, dementia care, bathing and hygiene, continence and toilet care, dementia care, and much more), our caregivers are trained to meet any situation with professionalism and love.
Clients choose FirstLight for a number of reasons including:
No minimum time limits
- From as little as one hour all the way to 24 hours per day / 7 days per week, FirstLight HomeCare is there to provide you with the help that you need.
Proprietary dementia program
- Created by experts specifically for FirstLight HomeCare, our dementia care program is designed for all types of dementia - including Alzheimer's. As no dementia case is exactly the same, our program is customized to each individual client. Our caregivers engage the clients in activities that bring them happiness. Is short, our dementia care program is designed to ensure that those affected by the disease live the rest of their lives with purpose.
Rigorous caregiver selection process
- All FirstLight HomeCare caregivers are FirstLight employees - not contractors. Each caregiver has completed a thorough background check, and extensive training program, and are fully bonded and insured.
- Loneliness and depression are common among homebound seniors. Our Adventure Package is designed to keep seniors happy by getting them out of the house and back into the activities that they love - all under the watchful eye of our trained caregivers.
Veteran's Benefit Program:
- For those who have served our country - as well as the spouses of those who have served - FirstLight HomeCare may be able to help offset the cost of in-home care.
- Prescreen clients for Veteran's Administration (VA) benefits eligibility.
- If eligible, complete the VA benefit application and assist in the collection and processing of government and medical documents.
- Once approved, we'll continue to advocate and assist in maintaining eligibility.
- Most importantly, we make the VA pension funds available right away! You will not have to wait they typical 10-12 months for the first government check to arrive.
- And all of this is done at no cost to you!
Call us today for your free in-home evaluation.
Caregiver Skills Include:
Patient Transfers, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients
Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
Reviews of FirstLight HomeCare - Walnut Creek Pleasant Hill
Average Rating: based on 4 Reviews
I am a current client of this provider
FirstLight HomeCare is wonderful. I just had a surgery a month ago and used their transportation service for my follow-up doctor’s visits. They are very reliable, trustworthy and easy to work with. In one of my visits, the owner himself came to drive me. He is an excellent driver, incredibly professional and compassionate. He took me to my doctor's appointment on time, waited for me and brought me back home safely. He also let me stopped by CVS pharmacy to pick up my prescription. He exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend FirstLight to my family and friends!!!
I have discussed senior care extensively with the owner, and I am very impressed at his personal dedication to the cause of insuring quality care for seniors. Highly recommended!!
I interviewed this provider
I spoke with First Light owner, David B., extensively regarding in home care for alzheimers patients. I was really impressed with David's knowledge and expertise in his field. His creative ideas around care-giving and considering the patients emotional and physical needs beyond simple care were amazing. His empathy and understanding for the devastation this disease can cause were heartfelt. I highly recommend FirstLight!
FirstLight is completely committed to the well-being of their clients. From staff to administration to caregiver, at all levels they provide the best service and attention. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality care.
Location of FirstLight HomeCare - Walnut Creek Pleasant Hill
Features of FirstLight HomeCare - Walnut Creek Pleasant Hill
- Hourly rate: $22/hour
- Live in rate: $250/day