Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of the Sacramento Valley

VITAS Innovative Hospice Care®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of the Sacramento Valley Services

• Paw Pals
  • Music Therapy
  • Veteran's Programs
  • Art Therapy
  • Junior Volunteers

VITAS Sacramento provides a 6-week Bereavement Support Group in different area throughout our program area. Each quarter, the Sacramento/Solano program begins a new 6-week group.

VITAS Sacramento also provides an on-going Spanish Bereavement Support Group in Sacramento. This is the only Spanish-speaking Bereavement Group in the Sacramento Metropolitan area.

At various times throughout the year, our Program will provide a one-day special bereavement workshop to meet the needs of our families and community.

Reviews of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of the Sacramento Valley

Posted by Grrrrrr September 13, 2013
1.0

My mother was in the care of VITAS for about 4 months and in that time we never had a set schedule. The nurses were never the same people. Our Hospice Aide that would assist with hygine washings was never nice, always in a hurry and forceful. When we had emergencies and needed asstance we would only get an operator who never helped us and then when a nurse finally called us back they said they couldn't come for at least 1-2 hours. My mother ended up with 3 Urinary Tract Infections because they never changed her catheter or washed her good. my mother also had several trips to the Emergency room at the hospital for care becuase VITAS wasn't there for us!

Posted by heathermoritz June 06, 2013
1.0

So very disappointing.

My family recently had to use Vitas Sacramento as a referral through Kaiser Permanente since their internal hospice program was at capacity. My cousin was caring for my aunt who was on hospice. After being released from the hospital, the RN came to the house the next day. ONE WEEK later, the office called to check-in and found out no nurse had shown up. Of course they sent a nurse right away. Later, her assigned RN apologized and took blame since she was out for personal reasons. This should have been managed better by the Vitas coordinating staff.

Next, I discovered that my cousin was not acquainted with the end of life care or what to expect. I am an information driven person so I research everything. Also, having worked in healthcare for 11 years, I know a bit about end of life care and what to expect. My cousin didn't. This left her anxious, nervous, and uncertain about every change her mother went through in the last days of her life.

Last, when the worker/chaplain lady showed up, she handed my cousin a packet of funeral homes for her to contact (right away), make her selection, and then report to the worker so the worker can contact Vitas. This is APPALING.

Hospice care exists to support the patient AND the family who is caring for them. They didn't show up enough to care for my aunt and they didn't support my cousin with information of what to expect. Then they ended with making HER call a list of funeral homes. It is a disgusting way to treat someone and I hope that they never, ever do this to a family member in this situation.

I am planning to write a lengthy letter to Sheila, the gernal manager for Sacramento Vitas as well as the director of Hospice or Kaiser Roseville. They need to know who they are referring their patients too.

Posted by lviglione March 03, 2013

Vitas was recommended to us thru Kaiser and I could not have been happier. They have a great set of professionals that helped me care for my husband from the first interview. I highly recommend them. They cover all the bases. It certainly helps to have a group like this to help you thru such a difficult time. They have the experience and the expertise.

Posted by eldercaredoc September 01, 2011

I interviewed this provider

An amazing group of professionals that are truly caring dedicated and reliable during such an emotional time for patients and families.

Other Options Nearby