From JourneyCare

For over 30 years, JourneyCare (formerly Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern Illinois) has cared for generations of families facing serious and life-limiting illnesses. We are committed to helping them live better and, hopefully, longer. Our focus on clinical excellence and education for family members and caregivers, as well as innovative programs and therapies, have made JourneyCare the partner of choice for families and medical professionals alike.

Our mission is to make every moment count for those facing serious illness and loss. We are experts in pain and symptom management and end-of-life care. We are JourneyCare.

Services:

• Adult and pediatric hospice care
  • Adult and pediatric palliative services
  • Integrative therapy services
  • Grief support and bereavement counseling
  • Community and professional education
  • Volunteer support
  • Latino Outreach
  • Veteran's Care
  • Inpatient care at the Woodstock Hospice Center within the Centegra Specialty Hospital - Woodstock
  • Inpatient care at the Pepper Family Hospice Center in Barrington
  • JourneyCare Foundation

Credentialed:

• Medicare certified
  • Licensed in the State of Illinois
  • Accredited by the Joint Commission

Reviews of JourneyCare

Posted by grabebr July 09, 2014

I was very pleased with the care that my Dad received in his last 3 days at the facility and with the nursing care he received at home. The staff could not have been better and I know that my Dad's last days on earth were comfortable and peaceful. I highly recommend Journey Care.

Posted by Curtis4 May 12, 2014

JourneyCare was very caring, and they made it much, much easier for my father-in-law and the family. I don't think we probably would have found any place any better. He was only there for a few days. They made it very comfortable for him. The staff was wonderful. It is a place that if my mother-in-law, in the future, needs anything, that's probably where we will go with her.

Posted by Thank you, February 05, 2014

Everyone was compassionate and extremely helpful before and after my grandmother's passing. This is why I recommend hospice to all who need this invaluable service. They are willing to help everyone as much or as little is humanly possible and accepted.

Posted by TinaKazlauska January 13, 2014

i was absolutely amazed by the level of care and compassion we received. They were so helpful and caring I could not have gotten through this with out them. They are angels on earth...my uncle did not suffer one moment once we brought in journey care. Our nurses were the best of the the best.

Posted by Amore1 November 20, 2013
1.0

Hospice means -You the family do the work while Hospice provides care via phone. From the moment we signed with Journeycare we had issue after issue from the inpatient facility to lack of care at home especially in the last hours when we needed someone most. If anyone were to ask me about Journeycare , I would tell them to find family and friends to help them because that is what Journeycare feels you need most. Ever feel alone? I did . Thanks for the poor care my family member received . My rating isn't even 1 star but I had to give one star to submit ..really?

Posted by Wife of patient May 20, 2013

The team who provided care for my husband and support for myself and my family was wonderful. They returned calls promptly, provided meds and supplies as needed and provided the level of care that allowed us to keep him at home. I could not have done it without them.

Posted by miso19 November 30, 2011
1.0

I interviewed this provider

HORRIBLE! From the first day of having them, it was one problem after another. I made complaint after complaint. I feel sorry for the people that can't fight back or have no knowledge of the medical aspects. DO NOT recommend at all. No one even bothered to contact us after the passing of our dear family member. Very sad!

Posted by Dankupski November 20, 2011

Patient was my wife Diane and we worked with the hospice folks for about six weeks in our home. The staff was careing and responsive to our needs during a difficult time for our family. I would recommend the staff and agency at any time.

Location of JourneyCare