Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Shannondell at Valley Forge

Posted by Caring78918850 May 28, 2014
4.0

We were very impressed with the environment and the food at Shannondell. We went there and had dinner with a friend.The food was incredible, way beyond whatever we had for lunches in the area. It was a VERY unusual and updated, modern menu. The menu keeps up with the appetite that young people have. There are combinations of ingredients that you don't see being fed to older folks. In addition, that was absolutely the most gorgeous environment; when you walk down the hall, you feel like you're living in a 5-star hotel. That's what my husband and I felt about it.

Posted by patsfriend October 09, 2013

my parents now live at shannondell apartments since they moved from Rydal last April and they both like it there too

Posted by caringDF719 July 30, 2013
4.0

We visited Shannondell was very, very nice, but it would take $260,000 to buy in there and then you're looking at $3,000 a month after you buy into it, so that way out of budget for us. The facility is beautiful maybe that's why it cost so much money to get into it. The apartments are nice and they have all the amenities a person could possibly want. The grounds are beautiful. They are well maintained. If one has the financial means to live there, I think a person could be quite content living there.

Posted by caring2047 February 09, 2013

I wanted to be near Philadelphia, so I chose Shannondale. It's a beautiful place. The apartments are nice and the staff is good. I am in a 2-bedroom and 2-bath apartment with a library. However, the food they serve has too many calories, too many sauces and gravy. They don't have a lot of plain food.

Posted by kattie1 June 27, 2012

My Grandmother was moved here after my Grandfather passed away. It was nice for her because she had trouble getting around at their old home. Stairs were particularly difficult for her and having her bedroom and bathroom on the same level was a perfect living situation. She was also able to socialize with her peers. She stopped driving years before moving here so it was hard for her to have friends. While living there she could visit her friends without having it be too much of a hassle. The community there was really nice and were friendly to my brother, who was much younger, probably about 5 years old, at the time. The staff there were professional and friendly. The staff left her to her lead her own life until her health took a turn for the worse. They were then able to step in and help her in a time of need. They were never overbearing and respected our choices and feelings. The home is located across the street from a strip mall, where my grandmother could go for groceries. (She loved cooking and baking!) It was wonderful for her to spend her last days there and I can't imagine it any other way.

Posted by dellerdesign May 08, 2012

Shannondell is one of the most beautiful and well managed CCRC's in the U.S.! Residents enjoy resort style amenties, activities and un-ending thought-provoking programs. They also have a wide range of apartment floor plan styles and combine this with a caring, professional staff that anticipates the wants/needs of their residents! A great role model for CCRC's everywhere!

Posted by mlr28blu April 05, 2012

Although it costs a pretty penny, Shannondell is an absolutely beautiful place for retirees. The community is extremely beautiful. The food is incredible and there is a wide variety of meal options, the facilities (pool, game room, theater, etc.) are up to date and extremely pleasant to visit, and the place truly is a wonderful place to live. They always have events going on such as plays, concerts by choirs from nearby schools, and other entertainment. They have group movie nights, outings, and other ways to keep their residents from getting bored. The staff is friendly and helpful - these are people that absolutely love and are dedicated to their jobs. Whenever I visit, I have so much fun! It's like a mini city, with salons and other cool places! Though I do not know anybody in the hospital, I've seen the facilities and they are high-tech, up to date, and clean. The patients get the complete attention of the staff, and nobody is neglected. I'm glad we found a genuine, honest assisted living facility, where there are absolutely no worries.

Posted by Joodles November 05, 2011
4.0

I am hard pressed to find a nicer community! This facility is consistantly on the go to make their resident truely feel this is HOME. The activities available are broad and varied. It is very obvious the resident feel safe and cared for in this upscale, but warm friendly facililty. I have seen the wellness nurses reach out to assure a resident's well being....not just medically but on a personal, emotional level. On one of my visits, I wittnessed a receptionist who noticed a clearly disraught resident; she stepped away from the desk for a moment to sit the lady resident down in a cozy private area and she assured her while holding her hand....everything would be alright, and that she would call someone down to further assist. I was definately impressed with that seemingly small but very impactful outreach.

Location of Shannondell at Valley Forge