Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Gettysburg Lutheran Retirement Village
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring80251050 April 05, 2014
4.0

Gettysburg is a much smaller facility that we visited. We were touring various homes, and everyone seemed to be happy there, but it just didn't seem to have quite the amenities. The homes were very nice. We talked to people who were living there, and they all seemed to be very happy to be there. We went for a reception. They had hors d'oeuvres, and what they had was quite acceptable. They have an exercise place, but it's much, much smaller.

Gettysburg Lutheran Retirement Village
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by jenday20 July 18, 2011

The people who work at the Gettysburg Lutheran Retirement Village were just fantastic. My mother-in-law was in the home for rehab after a hip replacement and needed assistance for about a week after she was discharged from the hospital. Although the aides were very busy they were so helpful in taking care of her dressing and undressing, back rubs, talking to her when she couldn't get to sleep, keeping her leg elevated, walking her, etc. I could see the activity in her hallway, but they always seemed to have time to take care of her needs. Also, the dining hall staff was excellent. By the time she left, she felt like part of a family. From the laundry workers, to the dining room servers, to the housekeepers, to the aides, we were very impressed. My father-in-law was treated very warmly by the receptionist and the lady who took care of the admission. The place was very clean and did not smell bad like many other nursing homes. The lady in accounting seemed very kowledgable and billiing was exactly as we were told: the only additional charge was for the hair care appointment. I know there were activities for people that wanted to go to them, but the only one that my mother-in-law went to was a chorus group who came in and she couldn't sit through the whole thing. When she told the activity girl she needed to go back to her room, she took her back right away. We had no complaints! My husband's grandmother was in the same nursing home years ago and we were very pleased with her care also.

Location of Gettysburg Lutheran Retirement Village