Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Franciscan Oaks

Posted by Caring87508150 June 26, 2014

I liked Franciscan Oaks as soon as I saw it. If I had to go to someplace, that's where. I could obtain all meals every day. However, it was mainly senior living. They had a lot of things to do, I just don't know them specifically. They arrange to take you to shows and symphonies, to Peppermill and to Broadway if you want. I saw two different suites, and they were large in area. I have recommended them to other people.

Posted by Child of resident May 14, 2014
1.0

My Mother really loved Franciscan Oaks prior to moving in, however her experience has gone downhill since she moved there. While some of the staff is truly wonderful, some of the staff has treated my mother badly and is uncaring. The food was wonderful in the independent living area, but is some of the worst institutional food available when they get moved to the health center. There is a reason that they have 25% of their independent living area unrented. They need to be looking inward and improve the lives of their residents. The place seemed nice until my mother needed more care.

Posted by Arroyo March 13, 2014
1.0

I have found the administration of the facility to be uncaring and dismissive. It is infuriating to try to get information from them. It has been a terrible experience dealing with them as my loved one's health declines.

Posted by Marbalina October 01, 2013
1.0

When people visit Franciscan Oaks in Denville nobody thinks that one day they will need skilled nursing (The Health Center). Big big disappointment is waiting for you there. Over the years I have seen so many changes and far from good. Residents used to have separate rooms to visit with their families, have a private time. Now those rooms are offices. On the second floor residents used to have private spacious rooms, dinning room. Now they have to eat in the activity room because dinning room became a rehabilitation room. And now those nice private rooms, people from anywhere can use. What used to be for Franciscan Oaks residents -no more. Most of employes who have worked there for many years and cared about their residents got fired. The administration changes every few months. And nobody cares.So think about it. Do you really want to move into Franciscan Oaks in Denville?

Posted by Maryjane2 August 27, 2013
4.0

My husband and I have already found a place but we haven't moved in yet. This is Franciscan Oaks. It is a very cheerful place. It is very nice. The halls are spacious. Their rooms are spacious. I'm looking forward to going in there.

Posted by Amy4 December 12, 2012

They have a lot of activities for the people that live there. My mom recently passed away, and I find my dad is taking advantage of some stuff...but he could do a lot more. I wish they would give him a nudge to do more. The people that work there are very caring and thoughtful. There are many opportunities to get help that i didnt realize until my mom died. A caretaker can come for as little as 15 min. a day...and help with little things. For a fee they will sort medication and even order refills. There are movies and music during the week after dinner.

Location of Franciscan Oaks