Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Edwinola Retirement Community

Posted by Kim17 July 02, 2013
1.0

My mother was at the Edwinola for four months. She rolled out of bed twice because she wasn't properly positioned, choked twice, and also fell off the couch because they forgot to put her to bed. They were short of staff and the place was dirty. The activities were okay. It needs to be renovated and staffed with adequate people, including all the office staff. Every time, you try to talk to the director, she blows you off or she doesn't know the answer to your question.

Posted by Ammy9 June 19, 2012
1.0

I have a brother who is "incarcerated" there and is absolutely miserable. The staff are rude to him - recently he asked to go outside and the aide just laughed at him. He said the place is dirty and the food is terrible. I am very worried for my brother and am afraid he will take drastic actions to get away from this place, one way or the other. His son put him in here and just left him. I cannot call and get an update on my brother as his son has purposely left me off an "acceptable" list. I would never recommend this place to anyone!

Posted by Colleen S. May 16, 2012
4.0

I think this facility is a model example of what an assisted living facility should be. The facilities are clean and sectioned off into separate quarters for those who are able to function by themselves and for those who need around the clock care. The staff is incredible. They know their residents and cater to their needs. They are always friendly and very helpful to those visiting as well. Edwinola's facilities are standard for an assisted living facility. They have a nice-sized dining room, a large sitting room with a piano and chairs, a salon, and game room. Residents also get to enjoy the park outside of the Edwinola and its huge wraparound porch, complete with rocking chairs because assistants schedule outside time.I worked mostly with the activities director (who is no longer there), and I felt the business had its residents' happiness in mind. It offered many activities, and the residents were very grateful for them. I watched residents enjoy playing the Wii, board games, sing-a-longs, and art projects.

Posted by jesserufus June 24, 2011
1.0

This place used to be the cream of the crop. However, I went to visit a dear friend there a few days ago and was astonished. I actually had a flea jump on me from the floor! Her whole floor was dirty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. She was horribly depressed. She talked about how absolutely horrible the food is and will basically only eat the dessert because of this. She said that it is so hard to even HAVE an appetite, because at the table on one side of her, are people drooling down both sides of their mouths, and on the other side is a gentleman with a catheter tied to his leg (uncovered!) and stinking to high heavens. She is absolutely miserable there, but due to finances at this time, cannot afford to leave. I was devastated. She had even fallen in her bathroom where they had removed a door, hadn't yet replaced it, and left the hinge hanging. She wound up with 14 stitches in her head! This has turned into a horrible place!

Posted by TaraEmar June 02, 2011
4.0

Visited this facility

My family and I toured Edwinola when we were looking for an assisted living facility for my grandfather. The Edwinola was clean, well cared for, and cheerful. All the residents looked happy and everyone we spoke with said they loved it there. The food is excellent and the staff work hard to make sure the residents are happy. There is also a full schedule of activities in which the residents can choose to take part in. The tour guide showed us the different types of rooms they offer and explained how the assisted living program works. They have many levels of assistance based on the needs of the resident. Additionally, they have a locked Alzheimer ward and do offer full skilled nursing when the time comes. My family and I were very impressed with the Edwinola.

Location of Edwinola Retirement Community