Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Forwood Manor

Forwood Manor offers compassionate senior care in Wilmington, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Forwood Manor shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Wilmington, DE.

Reviews of Forwood Manor

Posted by Caring88910650 July 20, 2014

Forwood Manor was very welcoming. The dining room facility was VERY nice. They have a restaurant on the first floor and smaller dining areas throughout the wings of the building.

Posted by Caring82445450 June 27, 2014
4.0

My dad is at Forwood Manor. The general entranceway is a little larger and more inviting. We like the porch areas that my father now has. They have a more extensive activities calendar. They have concerts, buses to the nearby stores, bingo. They have therapy on-site. On their newsletter, they have celebrations for birthdays of staff and the residents. There has been a cookout on Memorial Day and an Easter egg hunt and families have come. The staff is friendly and outgoing. I feel it is very homey, welcoming, inviting, bright, and cheery. The food was very good, and portions are appropriate for seniors. They have quite a variety every day.

Posted by Caring63086550 November 24, 2013
4.0

Because I wanted to just go away for a week or so, I inquired about Forwood Manor. Everything there seemed very pleasant. However, once I've heard the details of respite care and if I qualify, I didn't get into any real details about the whole facility. The place was very clean and everything seemed nice. The one staff that I met was very friendly. I didn't see any activities though.

Posted by Caring69844950 October 11, 2013

I chose Forwood Manor mainly because it's close to my daughter and myself. My sister-in-law has Parkinson's and needed a lot of care so I do appreciate all the information that we got from you folks. I think she's settled happily. They seem to be very concerned and the other residents are very pleasant and helpful. I've been there for lunch mainly and the food is very good.

Posted by caring0129113 February 09, 2013
4.0

My dad is doing very well at Forwood Manor. Everything has been very good and we haven't had any complaints whatsoever. I think the staff is great. They treat him very well, and they're very attentive. He has been gaining weight while he's there. So he must be enjoying the food. We actually went there and had lunch with him a couple of times. It was very good. Everything has been taken care of. We're very impressed and very happy.

Posted by 1121 August 21, 2012
4.0

It is hard to tell yet, as he has only been a resident for a little over two weeks. So far everything has been good and he seems to like it there. The facility is clean and the food is good. The staff is nice and seems pretty accommodating

Posted by bcolts18 June 23, 2012
4.0

My aunt, Nunny we called her, lived at this facility. She was very sweet, and Forwood Manor seemed to treat her well. I really enjoyed the hospitality service they had there. When we would go visit her she always had someone in her room saying hello. She was very bubbly and a true woman. All of the employees and residents loved her. Sadly, she died about two years after being admitted to Forwood, however I never thought it was a bad place. I really enjoyed the look of the place, and especially the location. The food was always great, and if it weren't, my aunt I'm sure would have let us know. She was always crazy about food. Another aspect that I enjoyed about Forwood Manor was it's living space. My aunt loved her room. She had more space in her room at Forwood than she had in any other room she had in her entire life! Overall, Forwood was great. But, you get what you paid for. And she paid a hell of a lot to live in bliss.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 085036

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality