Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Tiffany Court

Tiffany Court offers compassionate senior care in Walnut Creek, CA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Tiffany Court shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Walnut Creek, CA.

Reviews of Tiffany Court

Posted by CEJohn June 14, 2014

My Dad was a Tiffany Court for 6 years. I found this facility by luck. I felt that we couldn't have done any better. The director (PB) and her staff did so much for my Dad and dealt with some serious issues with him in a kind and loving way. They connected us with outside professionals that assisted us during my Dad's decline. The director frequently gives up her day off to come to the facility to deal with residents/families and their issues. They personally kept us all in the loop during crises times with my Dad. Seriously, they went so above and beyond! Trust me, you will not find a better place and it is so worth the cost. I don't know what I would have done without Tiffany Court. Dad considered it his home and he was fiercely independent. They treated him and our family with dignity and respect. Thanks so much for all that you did for us! Good luck to you all!

Posted by Caring60111350 February 28, 2014
3.0

Tiffany Court was also on the list that Caring.com gave me. This facility's style was like a big house. I like that. Their rooms were fine. For activities, they did have excursions around town, shopping trips, movie nights, bingo nights, etc. The staff was very nice and friendly. However, they did not have a separate place for memory care. The residents that were further along, e.g. lost their memory and having some dementia, they were just sitting all around the lobby when you first walked in. It was very comfortable. They seemed comfortable but I think it was uncomfortable for the other residents and for the guests. I knew I wouldn't put my mom there.

Posted by Caring64977550 January 28, 2014
4.0

I went to Tiffany Court. It seemed very, very clean, it had lovely grounds, it was wonderful but it was not affordable. They had one room that was $3200 and most of them were the high 4s and 5s. It was very misleading. They only had one room at $3200, the tiny little thing and it was not available but the place itself is absolutely lovely.

The only staff that I met, I wasn't very impressed with. I thought she was condescending to residents and I didn't care for her personally. The director seemed to be very nice but I found the lady that gave me the tour to be quite condescending. I don't think that older people need to be treated like children.

Posted by Kim44 January 28, 2014

Mom will be moving to Tiffany Court. It's a smaller community and we felt mom would get good care there. The place is very nice and clean. It has a very comfortable feeling and the staff were awesome. I am not really familiar with regards to their activities, but I know my mom goes there to do bingo and I know they have a Frank Sinatra book club. They have few different things for their activities.

Posted by MrsLindberg October 28, 2013
3.0

I like Tiffany Court but it was a little more "nursing-home-ish." The residents there were a lot less mobile and engaged. In terms of staff, I only met with their director and she was very nice. They did have individual rooms there too. I would recommend this place only if the person they were looking for has the same level of care that this facility offers and I think they were very nice.

Posted by Caring1111 October 09, 2013

I liked Tiffany Court a lot. It was a very nice facility. The staff was very accommodating. I was impressed with them. They seemed to have all kinds of activities for their residents. If my mom's status was one that she could have lived there and it wasn't too far from us, I'd love to have her there, but then again, it didn't work for our needs. Nevertheless, I would recommend this place. I was very impressed with it actually.

Posted by Caring02771 September 26, 2013
4.0

I was at Tiffany Court a lot of times as I have friends there and my ex-husband was there also and I do like it. The location is closer to my daughter. I like the staff. My ex-husband was very happy there. The food was very good and overall the facility is really nice.

Posted by Joy10 July 31, 2013

I enjoyed my visit at Tiffany Court. The staff and the people there were fine and friendly. There were lots of activities and facilities.

Posted by My mom's son July 11, 2013

We did not end up placing my mother at Tiffany Court, but we really liked it a lot. Tiffany Court is a small community, very intimate, and that's what I liked about it--I knew that my mother would not get lost. Jan is the marketing director there, and she is very impressive. I got a really good feeling from her--she truly cares about the residents. When I toured the facility, Jan knew everyone. She said that she knows a lot about the seniors there, even how they like their eggs cooked! I would have felt good, knowing that my mother was there.

Posted by CED1 December 22, 2012

I visited Tiffany Court multiple times to see my grandfather. I was very impressed with the facility because of the cheerful staff and rich social opportunities available to residents. My grandfather loved attending their activities, and had plenty of company to share his meals with. I thought that it was a nice balance between providing a safe living situation for senior residents and creating an environment in which they were still fairly autonomous. The facilities were always clean and the rooms were spacious. They took excellent care of my grandfather as he was reaching the end of his life, and I know that it was the most peaceful environment for him to be in as he left this earth.

Posted by A Geriatric Social Worker July 29, 2011
3.0

Some of those who live and visit here are faced with an immediate challenge: The driveway, down a sloping hill, is not the easiest to navigate and parking is not that plentiful. There are, however, doors that are easy to access"”activated by a button as opposed to pushing and pulling. And there is a welcoming receptionist at door.

The facility is decorated elegantly in earth tones, understated but not vibrant. A smaller place than many, it has more of an intimate feeling as opposed to a grand mansion setting.

Studios and one-bedrooms are available"”some with private patios or decks. The rooms are of adequate size, with units that include a mini-kitchen, bathroom and small living area.

The staff is small, which is nice; it includes 24-hour care attendants who can assist with daily living and medication management. And the caregiving staff members are equipped with walkie-talkie system to communicate easily with each other and attend to residents' needs. They are very attentive to residents "“ and they know their histories and their stories. They are quick to communicate with family members and outside caregivers and willing to collaborate to give the best care possible. They also seem to go the extra mile to accommodate personal preferences. For example, one woman is regularly fed the particular types of bread and cheese and yogurt she favors.

Amenities include an onsite beauty salon and a bus that shuttles residents to appointments. A full range of recreational and social programs is offered, including current events, bingo, and a comprehensive list of other activities. And there are flexible choices in the food provided.

This facility may be best for those who want a small and quiet environment, free of the hustle and bustle common to larger places, with an extended family feeling.

But there is one warning all should heed: At Tiffany Court, they really know the legal regulations and conditions of participation under Medicare guidelines. This is great, but because the small staff can cover only basic care, if someone develops advanced wound care needs, for example, they must be moved. This is oddly tougher in this spot, since residents tend to feel like they have become part of the family. Those who are considering moving in would be wise to get clear on guidelines on how much care can be provided"”or risk being surprised or uprooted in the future.

Posted by EastBayGCM June 27, 2011
4.0

I've had both hospice and assisted living clients at Tiffany Creek, and I've been very happy with it. It's a small facility in a quiet mixed residential/commercial neighborhood not far from downtown Walnut Creek, and it's easy to find your way around there. There's also lots of parking.

The rooms are very nice. Just darling, with a lot of style and little touches that make them feel very homey. And the ground floor rooms open to garden patios.

They have a very professional and stable staff. They're very caring and do an excellent job of monitoring residents' health. And the food is excellent.

The activities are also good. They have good music programs, bring speakers in, a good assortment of activities.

Because of its smaller size, it's a good choice especially for those with mobility problems or with cognitive impairment.

Location of Tiffany Court

• Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Russian
  • Spanish
  • Tagalog

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 3,400
  • Highest monthly rate: 6,700
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 10 to 1
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: RCFE licensed

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Affiliations