Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Gulf Winds

Gulf Winds
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by pknott September 24, 2012

I have visited people at this wonderful facility for over a decade. The staff is always kind and welcoming. They care for residents on a very individual, loving basis. Now they know me, but for the first years it has been intermitent visits. Josie & I see each other weekly. She and all folks are very week cared for, fed, loved and certaily safe. This home has many kids and some are 100! The aroma of good food is evident much of the time. The music from the piano pours forth on occasion. The antiques must add a dimension to the residents. Love is the order of the day and I thank God there is such a place for those who need it.

Gulf Winds
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by RA_Grace June 24, 2012
4.0

The staff were very friendly and the facility was very much like a large home instead of a hospital. Residents were allowed to spend time outside. The dining area was large and accommodated the residents well. However, more effort could've been put into making the facility's decoration and lighting, as I remember some of the living room areas to be on the darker side while the dining area had a very yellow, almost sickly look to it. Improving the appearance of the facility would probably raise the spirits of the residents. Also, perhaps more activities for the residents could be added, as my great aunt often found herself either bored or lonely from time to time.

Location of Gulf Winds