Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Sun Towers Retirement

Sun Towers is a long established retirement community located on Florida’s Sun Coast, just outside the greater Tampa area. At Sun Towers, we offer a way of life for seniors who cherish independence while accepting the reality that we all may need help at times. As you continue through life’s journey, you are secure in the knowledge that Sun Towers will be there for you every step of the way.

At Sun Towers Retirement Community we strive to provide everything under the sun. Our campus provides virtually all possible levels of care, including independent and assisted living apartments, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation center, skilled nursing, and memory care.

Reviews of Sun Towers Retirement

Posted by Barbara35687050 January 31, 2014
4.0

Sun Towers is very nice. It's just that it's a rental. If we move in there it would be about the same price a month with our current place. However, when we ran out of money they would take us out and we can't afford that.

The place itself is attractive. They give you 3 meals a day if you need them. The people there are friendly. They have therapy, a fitness room, library and other amenities. I only saw their smallest room which was quite adorable and most of them have a little porch.

Posted by toshadz January 29, 2014

I highly recommend Sun Towers to anyone seeking a community that instantly feels like home the moment you walk in. My grandmother lived at Sun Towers for over a year and I was very pleased with the care she recieved by all of the staff, from direct caregivers to the administration. Everyone took their time to get to know her likes and dislikes. This was exceptional because she couldn't speak. The team at Sun Towers gave my family peace of mind because we knew they were caring for her as if she were their own family member. In my opinion, Sun Towers is family.

Posted by JCooper January 29, 2014

I am ecstatic that my father has found a permanent home at Sun Towers! He requires a high level of hands on care around the clock, and they are able to provide that for him. He moved in from Sun Terrace where he received excellent rehabilitative services. When he went into Sun Terrace he was wheelchair bound and could not support his weight. When his rehab was completed he was able to walk small distances with only assistance to stand. We were very limited in our choices of facilities that could provide the level of care that my father needs because he is insulin dependent. Sun Towers is able to check his sugar and give him his shots at any time because they have licensed nurses on staff 24 hours a day! The nursing staff is very kind and gentle with him. He loves it there, and tells everyone that he feels like he lives in a fancy hotel.

Posted by Norbeck family November 18, 2013

The care they provided my mother in her 2 years there until her death in Junes was exceptional. All my questions and concerns were dealt with promptly. Tosha and TJ in the Towers and Christine and the physical therapists at the Terrace were so helpful. It eased my mind greatly as I was 12 hours away but knew my mother was in excellent hands and dealt with her eccentric ways. cheerfully.

Posted by Michelle25 July 24, 2013
4.0

The rooms were really nice and very spacious in Sun Tower. They were friendly; they answered all the questions and they followed up and called back. They had a beautiful dining area. There seemed to be a lot of activities going on. But they just have a long waiting list.

Posted by Caring5697 April 30, 2013

We like everything about the Sun Towers. It's clean and the staff is really good. There's a lot going on every time you walk in. It's just kind of upbeat with all kinds of activities every day. The food is good and they have a nice, big dining room.

Posted by Fond Family Member August 30, 2012

I am the family member of a resident of Sun Towers. I cannot put into words how happy I am that I placed my mom in their facility. Not only does their staff go above and beyond the normal call of duty, but as my mom bounced back and forth between independent and assisted living (WITHOUT HAVING TO SWITCH APTS!!!) they were on top of things and she got the immediate care and therapy she need post haste! The support groups have also been a blessing. In dealing with the loss of my dad, I was able to attend their grief support group with her and was thrilled to learn of all the other resources that Sun Towers offers! I will always recommend Sun Towers as I know they will take the absolute best care of my mom until her final days. I take security in knowing that.

Posted by mikenick June 29, 2012
4.0

I felt like this company was ran the wrong way at times. The staff were sometimes rude and not caring to the residents. I have noticed some of the staff seem to not fully do their job as their job title stated. Althought the physical therapists were great, they always care for the residents they were assisting and they always wore a smile on their face. I feel like if I were to look for a location for a family member of mine I would choose somewhere else to take them. I know that somethings have changed here a little like the new lockdown unit but I still think they have a ways to go.

Location of Sun Towers Retirement

Features of Sun Towers Retirement

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5