Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of Staten Island

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Reviews of Sunrise of Staten Island

Posted by Tom49 April 02, 2014
4.0

I liked Sunrise. I thought it was a nice facility. I thought it was neat, clean, and decorated nicely. The person who assisted me was very, very nice. I spoke to the manager for the interview. They had a dining room and a meeting room. The dining room was very nice. I didn't observe any activities going on while I was there, but I could see that they did things. The room was fine. The nicer rooms will cost more money. One of the issues was that when I looked at what I thought would be appropriate for my aunt, the cost became rather expensive. They had a little snack bar with coffee all day long. I had no problems with the facility.

Posted by Caring79314750 February 25, 2014
3.0

Sunrise of Staten Island was a nice facility but it's very expensive for me and my wife. The rooms were very small and if you wanted bigger ones, that's double the price then. The one for the two of us would be eleven thousand a month, and that was small even for two people. The place was nicely kept and it seemed like they gave a lot of attention to the people there. It would be nice if they have always taken the cost and how the rooms were. We were treated very nicely by the people there. They went over everything but the only thing they didn't mention in the beginning was the price and that came at the end. They could’ve put the price in the beginning. They called me several times to inform me it could be lower now but didn’t say what price. The rooms had a stove and little refrigerator and then you would bring your own furniture in. The rooms facing the back there face a wall with a little yard, so it has not much of a view in the back. But the ones in front at least you can see the way. They had some people sitting around who seemed happy and relaxed.

Posted by SI Merry June 07, 2013
3.0

The facility is lovely, but the woman who said it is only $5,000 a month needs to double check that figure. It is more like $7,000 and that is if no regular services are provided (i.e., medication given, etc.). I like the facility itself - it is very homey and very clean. I think some of the people "in charge" don't know what the heck they are doing. And I also think that while they do provide very good care, it's all about the money and they can't wait to tack additional charges onto the bill. They also don't apprise you regularly on your loved one's status. I'd like a once a week update - via e-mail is fine. But when there is an issue, or when they are going to tack on more money -- they hit you with a list of cumulative issues. And you are not aware of any of them because they have never told you.

Of course we, everyone, need to make money. But it is very blatant here. If you're waiting for a room, you'll hear regularly that rooms become available because people run out of money.

Posted by Caring01511 May 14, 2013

I visited Sunrise at Staten Island. The place is absolutely beautiful and elegant. The furniture is custom made. It's like a resort. They have lots of activities for the residents like arts and crafts, movie screenings and Bible studies. The staff is very attentive. They have meals there, food is really good. It's $5,000 a month, you're paying top dollar. They seemed to know all the residents' needs and they call them by name.

Posted by Rosemarie Petraglia July 21, 2012

Outstanding place with the hearts of all the workers and providers. Elena L., my mom, was a resident from July 2010 through December 2011. I am so glad mom spent her time here, and will always be extremely grateful for the combined efforts we received from this facility. It seemed like a hotel rather than a health care facility yet was more reasonably priced.

Posted by AmandaJW June 13, 2012
4.0

I actually helped my father pick this one out because I thought it was the nicest looking one we had seen (and we went to about a dozen or so). I also liked how friendly and caring the staff seems to be. My Grandmother is not the easiest person to get along with but the nurses here seem to take her attitude in stride. When I went to visit her she seemed content, not the happiest, but not miserable. I know it has nothing to do with the facility though, she just hates that she can't be at home. She was very well cared for though. Her room was perfectly clean and so was she. I know this may sound weird or paranoid but I also checked her for any marks on her body. I do not think this place is that kind of place but you never know. She did say the food was pretty good, or at least better than in the hospital. I tried some of her lunch and it wasn't too bad. I also got a tour of the place from one of the nurses. The inside is very nice and there seem to be a lot of activities and games for everyone to entertain themselves. The grounds are also quite nice and peaceful, at least for being in Staten Island. The only reason I gave this place 4 stars instead of 5 is because it is a tad expensive compared to the other ones on the island. In all both my father and I are happy with this place and feel better knowing she is well cared for, especially since we live about an hour and a half away from SI.

Posted by Micro2nd May 26, 2012
4.0

This is a very fine facility. From what we saw, it is an excellent facility, although it is somewhat more expensive than other facilities in the area. There was a full range of services, including regular twice daily hydration. We were told that the most popular activity is Bingo, so they run games 6 days a week. The rooms are on the small side, and because of the placement, some of the rooms are kind of dark. Given the costs, two-room apartments are very expensive, although they do provide a more comfortable living environment. Each room is provided with a kitchenette with refrigerator and micowave. The dining facility on the first floor was very pleasant, and the staff appears to take pains to see that the residents are eating well. There is a section of the facility -- in this case the 2nd and 3rd floors -- for those with alzheimers and senile dementia. They have a separate dining facility and the environment is much more controlled. They pointed out opportunities for receiving benefits from the Veterans Administration and had a memo on the tax deductability of their charges, which was useful. They provide both emergency pull-cords in the apartments and showers, and also provide wireless emergency transmitters. This facility competes (if that's the appropriate word) with Island Shores and Esplanade, both on Staten Island. In summary, it is an excellent facility and I would feel very comfortable with a family member being there.

Location of Sunrise of Staten Island