Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sterling House at the Medical Center

Sterling House at the Medical Center provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Sterling House at the Medical Center is located conveniently in the heart of San Antonio's medical district and shopping. It is a perfect neighborhood for those who enjoy a smaller campus with a courtyard. The leadership team has worked for Brookdale each for over 6 years and dedicated to making your house a home!

Reviews of Sterling House at the Medical Center

Posted by Yandy Stewart December 30, 2013

Just wanted to say, the director and all the staff members of this facility were awesome in caring for my father during the past 3 years of his residence at Sterling House. They took excellent care of him and the family throughout the last stages of his progressive Alzheimer's disease, including his dementia mood swings which were very overwhelming at times, continuously caring for him with their diligence and respect, especially towards the end of his demise which occurred very recently. They became our second family and I want to thank you so much for everything, staff members. We couldn't have done this without you.

Posted by DWenn December 11, 2013

My dad enjoyed his time at Serling House for so many reasons. The staff took a genuine interest in him, conversing with him about basebal, his dog, and his family, weekly Communion service, happy hour at the facility, monthly luncheons at restaurants, and gave him a true sense of belonging and safety. He brought his dog to live with him and enjoyed the huge enclosed garden area. He loved having a key to his own "apartment" making him feel more independent. For me, it provided a level of professional care for him that was second to none! The director was always available for questions via person, email or telephone, the nurse kept in contact with the doctor and I just loved the caring, compassionate and proficient staff. I have recommended Sterling House at the Medical Center to SO many people.

Posted by Shayne December 11, 2013

I just visited the community and it is beautiful. Just been painted, new carpet and told furniture on its way. When walking around the care staff introduced themselves and asked about my friend. This was first place I even spoke to a care staff. Very homey which I know my friend will like. This will be first stop to show my friend. Had everything I was looking for. Met Executive Director and even though obvious she was busy I was treated with her full attention. She was very professional, friendly and I felt she truly cared about what I was saying.

Posted by parents123 December 10, 2013
4.0

I recently visited the community which is almost complete with a renovation and it is beautiful. When walking around staff came up introduced themselves asked who I was looking for then ask questions and told me all they would do. In visiting other places I only spoke with the marketing person and Executive Director so was very impressed the care staff took the time to meet me and find out about my mom. I can't talk my mom into moving right now but will sure take her here before any other place. The people living there were all nice and much to my surprise the women had make up on.

Posted by cowboys2014 November 07, 2013

I have a friend that lives at Sterling House. The staff are wonderful, loving and caring. It is exciting as the inside is being completely re-done and is updated and beautiful. My friend said she likes the updates but the wonderful staff and care she receives is what is important to her. I visit several times per week and would recommend Sterling House to everyone.

Posted by Caring4917 October 09, 2013
3.0

Sterling House was the least favorable amongst the facilities we visited. The staff was very nice and the facility was clean but it just wasn't really updated. The inside of the facility itself looked old and not as modern. They need to update it a little bit. I would not probably recommend this facility just for the looks of it.

Location of Sterling House at the Medical Center

Features of Sterling House at the Medical Center

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,730
  • Highest monthly rate: 3,730
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5