Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

4.0

Reviews of Harbor Oaks Elderly Care Home

Posted by Donna65315450 October 28, 2013
3.0

Mom used to be at Harbor Oaks. They had wonderful people. It really was a good place as mom gained weight when she was there. But it wasn't a good fit for my mom because she needed more socialization. They let her had a phone and I could call her every day. However, she was not in the liberty to make a phone call on her own. She's not a demented person and she could still dial even though she was blind. They had a TV hooked up, but the TV that they gave her didn't have batteries on the remote so how could she change the channel. However, it was nice place being ran by a family who were very conscientious. The chefs were wonderful. They would even grind the food for her.

Posted by Christine1209 October 11, 2013

I visited Harbor Oaks Elderly Care Home yesterday to find a place for my aunt to live. I was greeted almost instantly by the gentleman owner. He is very knowledgeable and was able to answer any question I had for him, along with extra information. He showed me some rooms and I have to say they all look cozy and neat. I wish I could live there! The whole building smelled very nice and looked very clean. Some of the other places around town looked too much like a hospital and it took me a while to find someone to show me around. At Harbor Oaks, it definitely is not like that. It looks and feels homey and you could tell that everyone living there greatly enjoys it. Also, the staff is so sweet. They really know how to take care of the people. I recommend Harbor Oaks to anyone that is looking for excellent care for their loved one.

Posted by beachqueen October 04, 2013

I have my mother living at Harbor Oaks Elderly Care Home and I have to say that we love it. We chose this facility because when I walked in the door, the building smelled good and looked clean. Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Harbor Oaks Elderly Care is close to my home, so it is easy for me to see her the 2 to 3 times a week. The rooms are furnished nicely and look very comfy. My mother feels like she is back home. At other facilities she would ask to go home because she didn't like it there, but since she has been at Harbor Oaks Elderly Care Home she has not asked once to leave. She feels very happy and loved here, and in turn that makes me very happy. It has been hard for her since my father has passed away, so to see her smiling again brings joy to my heart.

Posted by barb833 September 23, 2013

My friend, who has been living at Harbor Oaks assisted living for the past couple of years has loved being in their care. It always looks and smell clean. Their staff is very compassionate and caring, you could tell that everyone loves being there.

Posted by Phyllis15 July 29, 2013
1.0

We visited Harbor Oaks and we could smell the bleach like as if they were trying to cover up the urine smell. The smell was horrible. The rooms were terrible. The furniture was falling apart. They have no nurses. I wouldn't put my dog in there.

Location of Harbor Oaks Elderly Care Home