Cost

Starting at $2,400/mo.; $3,300/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Village Place Retirement

Dining at Holiday Retirement

Port Charlotte, FL was ranked among the top ten best places to retire in 2012 by U.S. News & World Report and is home to the Village Place Retirement community. Village Place provides seniors with assisted living and memory care services and aims to support residents in their everyday life. With multiple floor plans, our community provides seniors with options for the place they choose to call home in their retirement. In addition, our community has many community spaces that allow residents to meet their neighbors and build lasting friendships. Whether you're spending time in the enclosed courtyard or the screened front porch, you're sure to find another resident or staff member with whom to engage in conversation. We look forward to you choosing to retire in one of the best places in the country. We look forward to meeting you at Village Place.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Reviews of Village Place Retirement

Posted by Caring95057450 August 30, 2014
3.0

We actually put mom at Village Place Retirement because they had space available for her. It’s fine, but she is not very contented with the food so I think we are going to be looking for another facility. She feels like a lot of the meals are very repetitive, but the staff is very friendly.

Posted by Caring0904 August 13, 2014
4.0

I visited Village Place Retirement. The staff was very good. I thought the accommodations and rooms and everything was very pleasant. I thought it was a good place.

Posted by Wendy23 June 30, 2014
4.0

Mom is at Village Place Retirement. This facility was chosen because it's close to where I am, and they seem to offer quite a lot of activities for her, and that is what she needed. On Fridays the residents are taken out to lunch, and on Wednesdays they have a bus ride. They also have a movie night. They just seem to keep her pretty busy. The staff are good. I really like that my mom is able to go outside every day. There is a place where she is allowed to go out on her own if she wants to that is secure, but she still feels like she is outside.

Posted by Caring83255150 April 10, 2014

Everybody in The Village was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were set up nicely. They had basically the same activities like where my grandmother is.

Posted by Randy4 August 27, 2013
4.0

I visited Village Place for my parents. Their staff was very helpful. It was also affordable for us. It was slightly different from the other facility I visited. In terms of what specifically they have, I think, it was for a different probably socio-economic group that could stay there.

Posted by Caring390943 August 02, 2011

I visit Village Place, an assisted living facility, on a weekly basis. When the weather is nice, I see residents outside the entrance enjoying the fresh air and feeding squirrels. The staff at the front desk are always friendly, and the common room has a homey, welcoming feel. Usually there is nostalgic music wafting in the common areas as I take the stairs up to the second floor. There is also an elevator that residents can take to get between floors. The room where I go to see my patient looks like a little apartment, with a kitchenette, small living room, and bedroom filled with personal items to really make it look like home. Today when I was there, I saw a bunch of residents in one of the common areas taking a painting class. There are mini common areas all over the place, filled with books, TVs and couches, or dining areas. Of course, there are nursing stations, too, but you have to be on the lookout for them, because they aren't easily spotted if you're just having a casual look. There is also an Alzheimer's unit here, with their own walled-in patio outside, but I don't have a chance to visit that unit. This is a place where I would feel comfortable having my own family members taken care of. For 6 years, my parents and I lived together and took care of my grandmother. The last six months she had to live in a nursing home and I hated visiting her there, even though it was the best we could find for her. It was more like a hospital. But I enjoy visiting this site every week, and even look forward to it, because it seems very vibrant and caring.

Location of Village Place Retirement