Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley

Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is in the perfect location, close to the Paradise Valley Mall, Mesquite Library and Dining. Residents are very involved and active within our community as well, participating in our VA Club, Volunteer Group, Welcoming Committee and several other organizations our residents have started and thrived in.

Reviews of Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley

Posted by Caring87244050 June 30, 2014
2.0

Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley is strictly for people who needs 24/7 help. Some people there seemed like they were out of it. The bedrooms and the apartments were VERY small. I can’t get any of my furniture there. It’s also very old. I would not go there. However, as far as the location, it would be fantastic.

Posted by Tonia1 March 29, 2014
4.0

I found Brookdale too large basically, and my mom felt uncomfortable in a larger place. The rooms were nice, and they had shared bedrooms and single bedrooms. They had bedrooms with bathrooms and shared bathrooms. It looked that they were very organized, and their activities could be amazing, and I’m sure it could be a great place, but it was not a fit for my mom.

Posted by AngelE February 28, 2014
2.0

I would probably rate Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley low because when I went there, they didn’t seem as clean and tidy. The residents seemed to be hanging around in the front lobby area with nothing to do. Most of the staff did not talk to us. They did have a variety of activity areas. We saw a little area for working out and then we also saw a computer area, but there was nobody there. The residents were all kind of hanging around the lobby. The apartments that they showed us had a little outdoor kind of a balcony and it was all enclosed with bird netting and it almost felt like a jail.

Posted by Caring75154950 November 28, 2013

My wife's parents are in Brookdale Place. They are apprehensive at first, but then they feel right into it. They absolutely love the place. They do not like to be any place else. I have dinner with them a couple of times and the food is good. They have activities. They have happy hours every Friday. They have movies. They have walks. They are extremely happy there.

Posted by Nancy69850550 October 31, 2013
4.0

Brookdale is nice and clean and the people are very friendly. The apartments themselves are very nice and the rooms were up to date. They had nice windows and little patios off of each one of them. It was nicely appointed as far as the pink colors. It was like going into a very nice Hyatt or Marriott hotel. It's more homey than a hotel but because it has a kitchen and it had plenty of storage. The dining situation is nice because there's not a particular hour and they stay open all day so people can come and go as they please. Anyone could live there easily.

The only negative for me and it probably would not have been for someone else was the independent and the assisted care are intermingled to the point that I thought more like I was in a nursing home than I was in an independent living care. It was a nice atmosphere but there was more walkers and wheelchairs than there were people walking without. For a lot of people and probably those who do need walkers, it's encouraging for them to have that.

They have all kinds of activities. They have things going on for people all the time. They have trips planned. There was one other thing that I didn't care about. They don't have any stoves in their apartment. They just have a little refrigerator and microwave and my daughter has us on vegan diet and so I do an awful lot of cooking.

Posted by gtgriddle August 30, 2013

I love this place. I toured other homes and this is my choice for my aunt. The staff is wonderful. Extremely helpful.

Posted by Caring 7634 August 10, 2013

We went at Paradise Valley and everything is good. Everything looked clean, neat, and orderly, but it's just wasn't for us.

Posted by Caring0280 August 10, 2013
4.0

We had a tour at Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley and the facility was really nice and clean. The staff was really nice. The food was good. When we visited the area, we saw activities going on. The amenities were also very nice.

Posted by Caring534587 September 10, 2012
3.0

Brookdale Place was very, very nice. The people were very friendly and informative. They sat and talked to us a long time. But they couldn't handle my brother, they couldn't take him. I was told right up front, so they didn't waste my time, I didn't waste their time, and we could move on. He's too high of a level.

Posted by snrlvg411advct October 01, 2011
3.0

I have been visiting Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley for a little over 3 years now and I think like any facility, I have seen my share of up's and down's within the facility. For the most part, the staff really do try to make the facility as close to a home as possible for the residents, but this can be hard to do when there are so many residents and there is an institutional feeling about the place. While most of the resident's act happy, I have also seen them act a bit awkward, like they are visiting someone's home and they aren't able to get completely comfortable. I have tried to work with them and get to the bottom of why they do not feel 100% at home, but they have had a hard time putting their feelings into words. It can be hard to feel completely secure when you live in such a large facility with so many other people, but I have had most of the residents tell me that the feel very safe when in their apartments - which is wonderful.

I have also seen many good and bad days with the staff, I don't know if it's because they are understaffed and overworked, but they can be really happy and friendly one minute and on edge the next. They, at times, seem to be wound really tight and I have seen a couple times where they've had little breakdowns in front of the residents or they have been rude to the residents. I know that they are busy and have a lot of residents relying on them, but something needs to be done, because I have seen firsthand that when the staff are stressed that it can also stress out the residents and it brings down the mood of the entire facility. The staff, on the other hand, when they are relaxed and happy, their care for the residents totally picks up. They are so patient and respectful, and they will approach the residents and see if they anything, they are talkative and cheerful. I wish they behaved this way all the time. However, I have to say that at all times, whether the staff are in good or bad moods, the residents are always well-fed, bathed, their rooms are clean, their laundry done, etc. So the adequate care is still happening, it is just more of a personality issue during those chaotic times. I have had residents come up to me and actually tell me that they feel like it is their fault when the staff members are stressed out. One resident told that maybe if he could do more things on his own and need less help that maybe the staff would be less stressed all the time. It is really bad when the residents start to feel guilty over the staff's behavior. When it gets to that point something really needs to be done, I think that a lot of times these little "moods" go unattended to because the all of the residents needs are being otherwise met.

The facility does however offer a lot activities and they are always celebrating some birthday or holiday. The activity director is really creative and the residents take part in unique activities that I have not seen in other facilities. It's not the same old activities everyday like board games and bingo, they actually get out there and do fun things like fashion shows, pajama parties, and other fun stuff like that.

The only thing about the facility that I think it 100% perfect is the food service. The dishes are very healthy but they still taste great. One of the things that the chefs at Brookdale do that I have not seen elsewhere is they will cook dishes using the resident's own recipes. This is great for a private family dinner. The chefs will also cater private family occasions.

The facility itself is usually clean and everything seems to be easily accessible for the residents. I am always walking around the facility testing the safety features and making sure everything is working properly. Several times I have something that's broken or defective and when I tell the maintenance department they usually are very quick to get it fixed. I am a stickler for safety issues and I can say that I have not seen many issues at this facility.

The residents seem to like to stay busy and I always see them in the common areas talking with other residents, playing cards, and other things. It also seems like the residents families are very involved with the facility. I always see family members hanging out with their loved ones watching TV or walking together, just spending time together. I like that families feel comfortable coming to the facility just to hang out, it says a lot about the facility and the staff.

At Brookdale, they follow this thing called Optimum Life, which in short, means that the residents are always encouraged to live life to the fullest and believe that they can do anything regardless of age or physical limitations. They also have a program called Brookdale Wishes, which is where every so often they will grant a resident's wish, whatever it may be. The residents love this and they talk about what their wishes are all the time. It shows them that their dreams are within reach and that raises their confidence and make them happier people. I have seen one of these wishes given out to a resident and it was really a very cool thing to watch. His wish was to be able to talk to some political news celebrity he idolized, and Brookdale was able to set up a webcam chat online for him. It was all he talked about for days.

I know that every facility has it's problems and I think that overall Brookdale reacts to their own in a professional and respectable way. Sure, there are things they need to work on, but I don't believe they are at all beyond repair. I would recommend Brookdale to caregivers and families. They will see that, in spite of the bad, that Brookdale is mainly good and the residents are all well cared for.

Posted by EmilyNicoll September 30, 2011
4.0

My mother stayed at Brookdale for a year while we were looking for a new home for her to live in following the passing of my father. They were incredibly attentive to her needs. She has severe arthritis in her knee and they placed her in a very conveniently placed condo within the community that was within very short walking distance of everything. And every single time we came to visit her we were greeted and updated on how she was doing. I even had an assisted living nurse who would reach out to me and let me know if there was anything my mother needed (at no extra cost). Brookdale is a bit on the pricey side but it's very pretty and an extremely well kept community and the attention my mother received made it all well worth the price. When we found out my mother was suffering from dementia, brookdale made the transition from independent to assisted living very easy. All in all, I felt at ease about leaving my loved one there and would recommend them to anyone who needs a trust worthy haven for an elderly person in their life.

Posted by Addie1 August 09, 2011

Very good care of clients and very strict about not tipping. Excellent idea for this kind of facility to have a no tipping policy.

Location of Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley

Features of Brookdale Place of Paradise Valley

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,930
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details