Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Hammond House

At Hammond House in North Augusta, South Carolina, our various services and programs -- including assisted living, companion living and respite care -- fulfill our residents' needs. Whether someone is active and likes to have a full social calendar, or prefers to relax and takes things more slowly, our varying levels of service and activities will accommodate each resident's lifestyle.

Hammond House's assisted living residences offer seniors the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere free of the daily worries associated with living alone. At Hammond House we provide a high level of service with a personal and caring touch.

We combine retirement living with comfort and luxury in a beautiful independent setting at Hammond House.

Reviews of Hammond House

Posted by stmerritt October 11, 2013
1.0

My Mom was a resident at Hammond House. She was given her medication wrong and actually overdosed. She was in ICU for 3 days and spent a total of 2 weeks in the hospital. They were paid extra for them to dress my Mom which they didn't do. I would not ever recommend anyone to send their loved one to Hammond House. Another resident had pain medications stolen. Sad place but looks beautiful.

Posted by JCH1 November 21, 2012
4.0

After my grandfather was hospitalized with cardiopulmonary hypertension, my family had to find an assisted-living facility that we could all be comfortable with. We didn't have the means to take care of him in our home, and hiring a full-time nurse wasn't an option. We first chose a facility we thought would be adequate, but after a few months we weren't fully satisfied with the level of care. After visiting several other homes in the area, we decided on Hammond House based on the facilities and the positive interactions we had with the staff. My grandfather was much happier with his life in Hammond House. Although he was respirator-dependent, he enjoyed interacting with other residents and staff, which was what made Hammond House such a special place. Everyone there treated him like a person and they even came and visited him in the hospital when he became very ill. That really meant a lot to myself, my family and my grandfather.

Posted by SarahP August 23, 2012
4.0

I have visited Hammond House on several occasions as my Grandmother lived there for over two years. She absolutely loved it there and was very sad when she had to move to a nursing home facility. The place is very clean and there are lots of activities for the residents. My grandmother loved all of the socialization opportunities she was able to have and made many friends there. We as a family were even able to hold a big birthday party for my grandmother there and all of her friends were able to attend.

The staff always appeared professional and courteous. Our family as a whole particularly appreciated how the senior staff was honest about the cost of the facilities and care for my grandmother. They were even open about what we could do as a family to help lower the monthly cost. I found this very impressive and the advice really did help our family save money.

I loved my grandmother's room. It was small but had everything she needed, including a small little kitchen area so that she could make meals for herself if she chose to.

I never saw the facilities unkempt. Everything was always very clean and well cared for. Additionally, I was impressed by the security system in place so that residents in the early stages of dementia would be unable to wander off of the grounds.

I would definitely recommend Hammond House to those in need of an assisted living facility.

Posted by NaomiM June 05, 2012
3.0

My mom is in a one-bedroom apartment that comes with a living room and bathroom. It has no TV but it has a living room where she could receive guests. I like that the bathroom has grab rails and it is cleaned everyday. I can't say much about the food, as I didn't have the chance to taste it. Mom didn't say anything about the food, either. So I guess it's "so-so". She hasn't utilized the activity rooms yet because she's feeling under the weather as of late, but my mom is well taken care of by the staff, helps her in making sure she takes her medicine and anything else that she needs. There are some issues with the facility but I don't want to get into the details of it. But I just want it corrected by the management.

Posted by lil.p April 03, 2012

I found Hammond House for my son-in-law. My whole family is very happy with this facility. The center is very clean. The Grounds are very well taken care of. There is a barbeque that family members can use when visiting a loved one. Activities are posted for the whole month. The staff is wonderful . My son-in-law was in the hospital and the director came out to visit him. An above and beyond gesture.

Location of Hammond House