Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Gables of Monrovia

Gables of Monrovia provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Gables of Monrovia

Posted by David79881850 March 29, 2014
4.0

Gables of Monrovia was sort of middle class. It was very welcoming. The residents were very friendly and very welcoming. They were encouraging us to participate in the activities that they had there. The staff was extremely well presented. They greeted us. They toured us throughout the facility. They showed us everything. They were very nice. They would call back frequently to check on how we were doing. The rooms were nice. The cafeteria was very friendly. The patrons looked as though they were having a good time eating and enjoying their meals. Being in the community, I felt land-locked, even though they had a wonderful view of the mountains. They built this community so that it was sort of facing inwards. There was a small inward patio inside. The apartments built in the interior corners were nice, but the ones on the exterior corners felt more a little closed in.

Posted by Jorge3 October 15, 2013

Gables was very, very nice and organized. The staff was very nice, polite, courteous and keen. They were very attentive to their patients. They gave us a tour and all the rooms were beautiful and well maintained. The dining room, yard and the area were very nice. It was like a vacation resort.

Posted by Caring 2494 April 30, 2013

My father lived at Gables and everything was just wonderful. The location was convenient for me because it was near my house. The place was bright and clean. The staff were courteous and helpful. There was a bus that took the residents on trips which was very safe. The food and room were great. I had no complaints with the facility.

Posted by Caring4309 April 24, 2013
3.0

Gables of Monrovia was grossly overpriced. I could not afford the place. I went there and I was not comfortable with the people there. Almost all the residents wore fancy outfits. They had the usual one bedroom apartments.

Posted by insearch July 11, 2012
4.0

The outside of the facility is beautiful with Victorian style architecture. The inside of the facility is neat and clean. It is located very conveniently within walking distance to old town Monrovia where the residents can relax, shop and use public facilities like the library. The staff who led us through the tour was friendly and helpful. They appear to be proud of working there and enjoy their interaction with residents.I am impressed by the wide range of activities and services the facility offers, from wellness programs to dining services. It is evident that the facility is aware of the needs of elderly and try to accomodate all aspects of their retirment living. The facility offers everything from arts and crafts to on-site barber services to their residents. Most importantly, the residents I encountered there had nice things to say about Gables of Monrovia; they feel like they are well-taken care of while not losing their independence.

Posted by kennyhlee June 30, 2012
4.0

The place is pretty nice. The facility is beautiful and the staff is professional.Everyone seems to be enjoy working here. Even the elders are nice too. This is not the case in all homes. There is a lot of activities on the facility to do. It keeps the elders busy. What really caught my eyes is the housing. The style of these homes are unmatched by any others. There is also some good food here. The entrance is nice. Feels welcoming and comfy.

227686 1692930210134 1444167435 31318232 329330 a.jpg
Posted by Michael F. November 03, 2011

I have visited many facilities in my caregiving career - but the look and feel of this facility cannot compare to any other elderly-care facility.

Victorian style housing, restaurant-style fine-dining meals, and an entrance that looks more like a castle than an entrance to a caregiving facility.

The food smelled great, the staff were professional and friendly, and it was more like an upper-class apartment complex than an independent living home.

I especially enjoyed sitting with my client in the visiting room, where elegant paintings and fancy decorations keep the scenery pleasant and enjoyable for the client and for their visitors.

It is also convenient to LA, just about an hour drive, but on the edge of LA National Forest - where the air is clean and the scenery is relaxing and peaceful - and not very noisy at all.

Posted by Bob Locatell July 29, 2011

This is newer and charming Victorian building within walking distance of Old Town Monrovia. Very quiet neighborhood. The inside is clean and well taken care of. I am a building contractor and this building is obviously very well maintained and professionally managed.

Location of Gables of Monrovia