Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Bickford at Mission Springs

Welcome to Bickford at Mission Springs, one of Kansas's premier assisted living communities! Bickford at Mission Springs is conveniently located at 5350 West 61st Place, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Mission senior living community.

At Bickford at Mission Springs, we offer premier assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford at Mission Springs. Each resident of our Kansas assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford at Mission Springs. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford at Mission Springs assisted living in Kansas, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Kansas assisted living community and make it yours.

Reviews of Bickford at Mission Springs

Posted by rrmhart July 01, 2012

My mom is just staying there for just 3 weeks but I can say that the service is really great. My mom is happy and we're satisfied with their service. And the best thing about it is that when we get in to the situation that we need to look for a place for my mom, Bickford at Mission was the perfect place because of its location "“ it's actually just right by our house! They have this family-like environment and my mom seems happy and it's a good feeling that she's fine.

Posted by WubbaSten June 23, 2011

It was not easy to accept the fact that my father needed a level of care that I could not provide for him any longer. Watching him go deeper in the stages of Alzheimer's was a challenging, sometimes scary, and a very emotional test on our family. My love for him is beyond words, and my main goal was to find a facility for him that would take care of him in the manner that I would if i had the advanced medical training that he needed. My family visited many places in our search, and I saw many places that upset me and that I would never have placed my father in. When we visited Bickford, I was finally able to breath a little bit easier and knew that we had finally found a place that I felt comfortable and safe with my father being at. The staff, from the nurses to the receptionist and everyone in between gave off a vibe of genuine concern and treated us with professionalism as well as understanding. I did not want my father being treated like a burden, or to be ignored or brushed off. Because of his Alzheimer's he can go from happy, to upset, to extremely mad, depending on the moment and where his mind is. When he is lucid, he can get very troubled. The nurses and aides at Bickford are experienced and understand this disease. They have a level of patience that some staff at assisted living facilities do not have. I feel very blessed to have been able to give my father the care that Bickford gives him.

Posted by Roberts1980 June 15, 2011
3.0

The Bickford facility at Mission Springs is run a lot like a large apartment complex, and the location is decent: it's at the intersection of two major artery streets (Shawnee Mission Parkway and Nall), so it's a bit noisy, but it's surrounded by residential areas and has some nice grounds. The facility itself is a very big building, and I saw a couple of residents doing some exercise walking in the halls, which the staff encourages. There are a number of cozy areas for different activities, such as a library, a 1950's style ice cream parlour with billiards table, a piano lounge, and a room with an aviary. However, the residents' rooms seemed a little small. While they were welcome to decorate their rooms with their own furniture, it seemed like it was usually a tight squeeze, and some couples gave up their living room space in order to fit two beds into the apartments comfortably. In addition, the interior seems a bit run-down, with the lighter carpets showing several stains. The facility's directors are available, but I thought they seemed to have drawn a mental wall, to some extent, between their own work and the residents. While my guide knew most of the residents' names, I didn't get the impression she interacted with them frequently. Some staff working with the residents were very friendly and energetic, but some looked bored and hurried to me. Mission Springs offers several menu choices and a large dining room where residents can mingle for each meal. I did not see the food, but the menu looked appetising. During the week, residents have a full schedule of activities which can include shopping trips to Target and Walmart, and occasional trips to the theatre at the local community college to see a film. I think this facility is adequate, particularly for more active seniors or those who enjoy a sense of larger community...

Location of Bickford at Mission Springs