Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Fountains at Millbrook

The Fountains at Millbrook in Millbrook NY is a rental retirement community offering Independent Living and Assisted Living on 200 acres of forest and meadows with breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. Choose from several bright and spacious one-bedroom and two-bedroom residences, some cottages with screened porches overlooking the sun splashed hills. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Millbrook offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

Fountains of Millbrook Amenities

• Well-stocked library
  • Auditorium for performances, movies, and lectures
  • Elegant dining room
  • Lounge for cards, entertaining, and more
  • Arts Studios
  • Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
  • Interior bank ATM
  • Non-denominational chapel
  • Central mail area
  • Laundry room on each floor
  • Furnished guest apartment
  • Outdoor gardening area
  • Numerous paths and nature trails
  • Country Store
  • 200 acres of forest and meadows with breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains

Fountains of Millbrook Services:

• Choice of lunch or dinner each day, served restaurant-style in our dining room
  • Housekeeping of your apartment every other week
  • Weekly laundering of your flat linens
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational, and spiritual programs
  • 24-hour staffing
  • All utilities, except electric, telephone and cable TV
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Move-in coordination service
  • Fitness programs include regularly
  • scheduled exercise classes and nature trails
  • Preventative health screenings and fitness lectures
  • Access to a variety of health services in our wellness center
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Reviews of The Fountains at Millbrook

Posted by Pat Martin August 05, 2014

My mother has been a resident here for > 10 years and is currently in the Inn. When I was visiting a few weeks ago I met a lovely young girl who said she was a volunteer. She asked who I was visiting and when I pointed out my mom she lite up. She was so excited to tell me about things she had been doing with my mom, like working with clay with her in arts and crafts and things my mom does like the exercises in her wheelchair and "senior volleyball". I was so impressed with this young girl and her delight in working with elderly folks. Of course we have always been soooo happy with the love and care our mom has had the entire times she has been under your care, but I am always so impressed by the young people that are so kind and patient with the old folks and this young girl especially impressed me with her poise and caring attitude. Thank you for all you do.

Posted by Eileen8978 June 30, 2014

At The Fountains at Millbrook, you can have independent, assisted living, and total care. It was very nice. They have things available there for my mom, such as getting her hair done, taking her to church, they have transportation, and what-not. However, these were all things you had to sign up for ahead of time. The rooms were very well maintained. You can have a one-bedroom apartment, a studio, or a two-bedroom apartment. They have full kitchen and full bath. They have railings and a call button in the bathroom. They are totally geared to senior living. They only give them one meal a day, which is included in their program, and then everything is a la carte. The staff was lovely. They were very nice. They were very knowledgeable, very attentive, and very personable.

Posted by Carolyn41 March 28, 2014

I was very impressed with The Fountains at Millbrook. If we were going to bring my mother to my house, that's where she would have went. It was a beautiful facility. It was very clean. I have nothing bad to say about that place. The woman who worked there was unbelievably wonderful. She explained everything and showed me everything. The rooms were very comfortable. They were a very nice size. They also had art rooms and a lot of things going for their residents. They even felt like they were on a vacation. The dining room was exquisite. I mean, they had linen tablecloths. I told my son already, when I get older that's where I want to go. It was that wonderful. It was very, very good.

Posted by Caring66820850 February 28, 2014
3.0

The Fountains at Millbrook is a very nice place, it's very clean, and they have very good food, but the one disadvantage is that it's out of the middle of nowhere and the road that you have to take to this place is not very well maintained. The people looked happy there and the staff. They did give me a brochure of their activities and it seemed to be pretty active.

Posted by Lee5 August 28, 2013
4.0

I was hoping to move closer to my family and since The Fountains is in the Hudson Valley, I decided to take a look at this place. It is an older building and its age is showing in some of the facilities but it still looks nice. The Fountains seems very complete in terms of amenities. Their services are terrific too. They have a friendly, nice and helpful staff. Part of my reason to seek this kind of living facility was to be more with people my own age and the people that work there, even though they may not have been my age, are very patient and understanding of elderly people, I thought that's very nice. This community has cottages. This type of residences is most appealing to me. I like that in preference to a big dormitory-style or hotel-style residences. However, they are extremely expensive.

Posted by Josh4 March 08, 2013
4.0

We wanted a place that's close, and The Fountains is just 11 miles from my house. The environment is very homey and it didn't have the "institutional feeling". We felt that it can provide maximum level of independence for mom, but still get good care. Her apartment is beautiful. It's one of the nicest place. I think the staff is excellent.

They do have activities every day like arts and crafts although my mother doesn't participate in all of them as much as I would like. But they really reach out. They help arrange mahjong games, and she plays mahjong a couple of times a week. I'd like to see a little more provoking to get her out to doing things. I don't think they do bad, but maybe just a little more push to maximize the individual to participate.

Posted by maxban October 13, 2012
4.0

The staff seem tolerant and experienced. They handled the residents with respect and were gracious to me and my visting family members. The facilities were recently renovated and very well maintained . My grandmother's accommodations are spacious and receive plenty of light. She has been able to find some pleasant companionship with some of the other residents, including another family member at the same facility. The facility also houses a large dining room in which families can dine with their loved ones on holidays.

Posted by crazygood January 20, 2012
4.0

Fountains of Millbrook is great. This is exactly the kind of place my aunt needs and overall it has been a great experience. This retirement community has everything I could ask for in a place for my aunt to live. Now, thankfully, I do not need to worry about the care she is getting because Fountains of Millbrook does the worrying for me. Their staff is extremely friendly and courteous to all family members and friends of their residents. My aunt only has nice things to say about all the workers and frequently engages in conversation with them. The view at Millbrook is gorgeous as well. I am blown away every time I go there to visit. The view itself is well worth the money spent. One of the greatest parts about the facilities at Millbrook is its library. It has a pretty good library, great dining hall and many comfortable lounges. Because Millbrook sits on a large plot of land they have the flexibility to add some of these features (like a library or theatre) to their facility. It gives the place an open and independent aura yet also a community feel as well. In my opinion this is a great place to stay and is well worth the money spent.

Location of The Fountains at Millbrook