Cost

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Mansfield (Formerly Sterling House of Mansfield)

Brookdale Mansfield provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Brookdale Mansfield (Formerly Sterling House of Mansfield)

Posted by lilacs June 30, 2014
4.0

Sterling House of Mansfield was nice. It had a nice homey feel to it. The staff was good, and it seemed to have pretty much all the amenities and everything. I think it was a bit smaller and there weren't quite as many people. They seemed to have adequate staff, and those that we met were friendly and helpful. They had an exercise room with some equipment. They were built around a courtyard where you can go out and sit or walk around if the weather is nice. They had a nice-looking dining area, and I think people had the option of picking up their food at the counter or somebody bringing it to them.

Posted by Caring62390950 March 28, 2014
3.0

My visit at Sterling House of Mansfield was OK. In terms of cleanliness, for the time we were there, it looked OK. It was clean and all that. Definitely, there was no problem there. However, my first impression was that it was too small of a facility. Also, their accommodations were just average. It wasn't anything better than what my parents have now. There also wasn't enough as far as activities. We didn't get a good feel from the moment we walked in there. We had to wait quite a while before someone came to greet us. Overall, I just didn't have a good feeling for it. It just didn't fit what I thought would be best for my parents' needs.

Posted by Claire8 December 30, 2013
4.0

I really liked the people and the management at Sterling House and the food was very good. They had a very nice outdoor area that was enclosed where people could sit around. They had activities like bingo, sit and be fit and exercises. But the room was too small for us that I couldn't sit in the chair with my husband in his wheel chair.

Posted by jrf September 20, 2013

My mother has been a resident at Sterling House for 2 years now and I could not be more pleased. The staff is very caring and attentive to her needs. They are always willing to help. Mother enjoys the food and loves "her girls" who take care of her. The administrators are very accessible and the activity director is wonderful. This is a great place if you are looking for assisted living.

Posted by Shirley T. September 06, 2013

My mom has been a resident of Sterling House since January, 2013 and needs extensive care every day. Her needs have been met beyond what I expected. The staff cares for her with gentle loving care and have a real compassion for meeting her needs. My mom is 92 years old and I have no concerns that she is not given good care. The entire staff, from the director on down, is very compassionate. The room and the entire facility is kept very clean and any repairs required are promptly dealt with. I am so delighted that someone recommended Sterling House for a new home for my mom

Posted by sbelske September 05, 2013
4.0

it was a difficult decision to move my mother from independent care to assisted living the key personnel at Sterling have helped tremendously by giving me feedback, helping my mom to adjust and feel at home. This has been a great decision.

Posted by mnbrady September 04, 2013

Before coming to Sterling House, my mother was extremely reluctant to leave the home she'd had for 40 years. However, she had become much less capable of taking care of herself to the point we were seriously concerned. She had always been a social person with a love of friends and good conversation, yet here she was, almost a prisoner in her own home without the ability to drive or even leave the house for sometimes days at a time. Unfortunately, it was a severe illness that finally caused her to realize she needed help to maintain her independence. We found Sterling House to be the perfect fit for her. The staff are friendly and caring. The facility is clean and well maintained. She has privacy or socialization as she desires, and best of all, her new home is close to family and friends. We've seen her stay involved in the various activities Sterling House provides and she LOVES the "Family Night" events! We couldn't be more pleased at our choice and we know she's living a much fuller life. Thank You!

Posted by ItsAboutDad August 31, 2013
4.0

My loved one has been a resident for about a year. . Things have been delicate and not always perfect. . But the staff at all levels-especially the management and director have demonstrated their greatest concern is with the care. .dignity. . .safety. . .respect . .of my loved one. . I couldn't ask for anything more at this critical time in my loved ones life! We appreciate Sterling House and all they stand for . . The management has also shown integrity and collaboration with the family for the best care. . Thank you!

Posted by caw2208 August 30, 2013
4.0

My mom has been a resident of Sterling House of Mansfield for nearly 3+ years. I had looked at several facilities and even home care providers. Sterling House was inviting, warm and my Mom is so very comfortable there. The staff all the way from the Director to the nurses to the Chef care about the well being of each resident. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Posted by JBURRELL August 30, 2013

The perfect setting for my 92 yr. old mom! The staff is wonderful and have pleased us way beyond our expectations. Any questions? Ask me!

Posted by ShinigamiWade November 08, 2012
4.0

My family was looking for an assisted living facility for my grandfather when we came across Sterling House of Mansfield. As soon as we walked in the door we felt welcome.Their establishment was kept up well and seemed very sanitary, and all of the residents we saw while we were there seemed to like it there.There rooms looked nice and inviting to anyone who walked by, while all of the staff were extremely friendly and nice. They made my grandfather feel welcome before he was a resident and I have no doubts that he would have felt just as welcome if he had stayed.In the end we could not stand the thought of only seeing our grandfather when we came to visit him at his new home so we wound up taking care of him ourselves. Over all this is a great establishment and I would recommend it to anyone who asked

Posted by alyssadanielle October 12, 2012
4.0

I loved this assisted living provider! This facility is fantastic and the staff is really personable. This facility is one of the cheaper ones and it was near my home so going there to volunteer was very easy to do. This place makes many of the people there feel like home. Home is what we all want and this place is perfect for anyone who needs to live in an assisted living community. Another aspect I liked about this facility was that the food here is delicious! After volunteering for a few hours a staff member treated me to the delectable food that they were serving. Also, the grounds of this facility were nicely manicured. This makes many of the people living there want to sit outside and just feel a nice cool breeze and the scenery. This place is fantastic because it makes the people there feel independent, but also the support of assisted living if they need assistance.

Posted by Bob 1 September 18, 2012

It was a little bit cheaper and closer to my house. Sterling House is a one-story building, built in kind of a circular shape. In the middle there's a patio where they could walk around. Mom loves the food there, she has a very nice apartment. The staff was really good, they take my mother out, they take them shopping, they come and get her at every meal and make sure that she's coming down to eat. They're just very good. I think she loves it, but she doesn't like being in Texas because she's from Ohio. She just doesn't like being away from her friends.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd January 24, 2012
4.0

We went to visit the Sterling House of Mansfield assisted living facility while visiting places for our aunt. The grounds were impeccably well tended and there was plenty of space for the seniors to really enjoy the outdoors in a safe fashion.

There were many places for seniors to enjoy socializing in a variety of ways, plus for quiet reading, enjoying TV, playing games in well designed and comforting rooms. The furnishings were homey, attractive and warm. We could see various levels of ambulation and it appears that the staff adjusts to whatever each resident requires.

The resident's private living spaces were all decorated by the seniors or their familes, to assure the most comforting environments "“ all bright with plenty of fresh air.

The casual dining rooms had very comfortable and attractive furniture. The formal dining rooms are available for residents to reserve for private affairs with friends and family "“ and also for facility gatherings.

The menu foods included an appetizing variety of offerings found in nicer restaurants. They can also make any dish requested. They change the menus frequently for the best variety. Every dish is made according to the dietary needs of residents. The snacks are always offered throughout the day and looked very appetizing and nutritious. They are also available at any time the residents request them.

The residents take many fun trips into town and the cities nearby "“ to enjoy casual and restaurants, art museums, galleries, libraries, shopping, culture and other events.

Seniors are encouraged to use the fitness room for yoga and aerobics classes, as well as to use the equipment. They can also watch fitness shows on TV or play DVDs as they like, which is a nice added bonus. Residents also can get plenty of exercise outside due to the mild climate of Texas. The staff and residents go on regular walks around the grounds to enjoy the natural beauty of the community.

It was clear to us that the care level at this facility offers very understanding and attentive caregivers and nursing staff "“ always with the best care of its residents in mind.

Location of Brookdale Mansfield (Formerly Sterling House of Mansfield)

Features of Brookdale Mansfield (Formerly Sterling House of Mansfield)

• Diabetic

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5