Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Savannah Court of Maitland

Posted by Terribly Disappointed August 28, 2014
1.0

Unclean, unsafe, inadequately monitored, poor treatment of patients, poor business practices, poor record-keeping, poor treatment of family, accepting money from residents - if I could give less than 1 star, I would. A terrible experience there, all around and on every aspect. My mother has been at the Court ALF for about a year. I will say the Med Techs are wonderful. They worked hard at learning to understand my Mom (her stroke left her aphasic), and learned to capably work with her. That said, my Mom expresses that she gives them "tips", and she uses her cash to do that...It is my understanding they are NOT supposed to accept money from residents; however, apparently they do accept money from my Mom. Mom wants to tip certain folks because she likes how they treat her. Taking the bad with the good on that point. When Mom changed her POA and med surrogacy over to me, the staff on both sides of Savannah had A LOT, LOT, LOT of trouble accepting my Mom's desires, and leaving others out of the particular assistance and info stream (I mean they called the other person and reported what I said and was doing), which fed the family discord to no good. Very difficult. (Apparently folks on the staff are not allowed to sign as witnesses on med surrogacy docs, though they did...and not med staff, but administrative staff...who knew?) Mom had a fall. A few days after, her heart rate dropped to 30bpm (that's what it was when I got her to the emergency room). It's likely that's why she fell earlier. Her aphasia makes it difficult to discern the reason for the fall, especially a few days after. That's when she decided to change her POA and Med Surrogacy. She had a pacemaker "installed", and was sent to the Cove to spend a little rehab time. There was again, the difficulty, in spite of the paperwork that was properly witnessed this time. Then they tried to put her in a room that smelled so badly of old urine (the room, not the other resident, not the bathroom (totally)...it was tough to take a full breath in there. It was the entire room, carpet, bedding...I had to listen to staff members tell me they didn't smell anything before I got them to put her in a different room. In the facility was an advanced Alzheimer's patient. Tell you how I know that, now - in the middle of the night he wandered out of his room, (apparently totally unobserved)down the hall, past the nurses' station, down the next hall, into my Mom's room, sat on her bed, and groped her chest...for awhile...because sometimes people yell and scream in nursing homes but no none comes to see what's up because they are very used to people yelling and screaming. I did not receive a call that night...when I called the next morning I was told, "She's fine, now, but she had a rough night." "Why?" I asked. "One of our male patients went into her room and sat on her bed in the middle of the night. She's calmed down, now." So I went up there. She was in pain. Probably from having her pacemaker site "massaged" in the middle of the night. When I was told it was a male patient with Alzheimer's, I asked the obvious questions - Did they have a lock-down area for patients who wander; Did they have one-on-one monitoring; Did they have a "sitter" for this gentleman? I was told they did not have lockdown area, and the family could not afford one-on-one monitoring, or a sitter. This tells me they accepted him as a patient even though they were fully aware of his condition and propensity for wandering. I view this as not at all the fault of the family or this gentleman, but rather the fault of his doctor and this facility. I have experienced facilities urging placement of patients they are not capable of, or licensed, to handle. Seemingly all about the money, there... While there I found roaches in Mom's dresser, someone had spilled what was apparently a LOT of urine on the carpeting in her room (wet, smelly...a small old fan was blowing on it to dry it out), and had to argue extensively to get them to put my Mom's diet back to where it was when I first brought her in...pureed was marked on her paper, which would've been fine, but the kitchen folks insisted it had been changed to regular...my Mom's teeth and her manual dexterity don't make for easy handling/ eating "regular", especially the turkey sub they brought on a huge sub roll. Yes...I had to discuss it with 3 people, I was scorned and treated badly, until I finally got the charge nurse to fix it for me. I took my Mom to the cardiologist that day...and asked him if it would be okay for her to go back to the ALF side...he approved it and we moved. I could say more...I just pray this place is checked from top to bottom and sideways both ways, on all areas of operation...UNANNOUNCED...to include how they relate to family (they should focus on the residents/patients, and remain objective and more formal/ professional /slightly aloof when presented with emotional issues and family discord.) They should be all business, albeit cordial, when it comes to that.

Posted by Caring92218550 August 27, 2014
2.0

We didn't like Savannah Court. It was run very inefficiently. The administration cared about us when we were moving out, but they didn't really care when we were there. The food was good, but it was very institutional, and it didn't seem very nutritionally sound. There were a lot of gravies and a lot of fried things. It just wasn't very good food.

Posted by Community member May 24, 2014
3.0

The good aspects of this facility is it is well designed with common areas for the residents to socialize and have meals. Their activities director, Annette, is great and plans excellent activities. Steve in sales also is excellent, always helpful. The food is mediocre at best. Additionally, they seem to try to manipulate the monthly care bills in their favor and are slow to fix any errors that are in the resident's favor. Definitely have issues with the accounting here.

Posted by Elizabeth33 March 27, 2014
4.0

My friend ended up moving into Savannah Court. The reason she chose it was because of the view she got from the room, although the room was smaller than anything else we've looked at, but it was a corner room. The place was clean, and the staff were very friendly. I can also see that the residents are very happy, but the food was not that good.

Posted by Lisa79363250 February 28, 2014
4.0

Savannah Court was a nice place, but it's too far out. They seem to be suitable for an active lifestyle. They have a lot of people walking around, talking and I think they have a lot of social interaction. It's an active social environment. The place is well kept.

Posted by Endomax February 26, 2014
4.0

My mother has been at The Savannah's for the past 2 years on the Rehab side and then moved to the AL side. The staff and support has been great and we all rest easier knowing she is in good hands each day and night. A solid and well run facility.

Posted by Barbarakmay February 10, 2014
4.0

My mother is a resident and is extremely happy. She loves the small facility and family atmosphere. The staff is wonderful to her.

Posted by John Stewart February 10, 2014

Savannah Court has friendly employees who know what they are doing. Activities for residents.

Posted by Robert Davis February 08, 2014

My mother has been a resident at Savannah Court for over four years now. Although the family was apprehensive at first with the thought of my mother leaving her home and entering an assisted care facility, we were surprised and delighted as to how well the translation went. She loves her studio unit, the other residents and the caring staff at Savannah Court. She participates in many of the activities offered at the facility; espically the card games in the lobby. She also goes to lunch, from time to time, on the Savannah Court bus. She very much enjoys these outings. The program director is terrific in proving entertainment to the residents and ensuring that the residents participate in activities. She also really likes the food.

Posted by Caring Daughter February 06, 2014
4.0

Savannah Court of Maitland is a loving, friendly, activity-oriented community for my mom. Of course it takes time to adjust, but now she wants me to promise that I will never move her. She loves her room, which feels more like an apartment. I love that I am notified of anything that is affecting her health or well-being. The doctor who comes right to her room has been great. The meals are balanced and taste good too. I can eat with her at a moment's notice. She enjoys various activities, especially Bingo and music and religious programs. When my dad, who was a patient at Savannah Cove passed on last summer, my mom was wonderfully cared for and loved and encouraged by all the staff, and other residents as well.

Posted by Kimg January 26, 2014
4.0

My mother likes it here and the food is really good they have a 5 star chef and have ice cream a lot. Which she loves.The rooms are small but the price for what you get is also very good. Laundry services, cleaning of room and 3 meals a day are included in the rent not an added services as some places are. It has a smaller population so it is easy for an elderly person to handle the daily activities and layout. Some places are huge and overwhelming.They handle the meds and if needed you can add personal care to the package fee and they will do what you need done assisted bathing, hang up clothes, dressing assistance, make the bed etc. They also have connected to the assisted living building a rehab unit(skilled nursing unit) if your loved one needs a higher level of care or needs to go to a step down place after a release from a hospital stay and they have nurses and are reviewed by the state which I like. You do not have to buy in and it does not cost as much for what you get as many of the other places we looked at so for her it fits.

Posted by Linda76569450 December 30, 2013
4.0

The people were super nice at Savannah Court. The facility itself was really nice, but the rooms were small and they didn’t have a separate bedroom area. I just wished they had porches and courtyards.

Posted by caringDaughter3 December 13, 2013

I like Savannah Court. It looks good and the place is very nice. The staff is confident, the food is good and the rooms are nice. Mom is very happy there.

Posted by Dennis2 March 08, 2013
3.0

Savannah Court of Maitland was a secure facility. It seemed to be adequately staffed. The environment was fairly pleasant and there were activities for the residents. The place was clean and it didn't smell. However, I think more staff is probably better. They communicate well with me, but more communication would also be better.

Location of Savannah Court of Maitland