Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Southern Plantation

Senior assisted living at Southern Plantation offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Southern Plantation, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Loganville has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Southern Plantation, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

We provide a chapel for worship, for all religious organizations

Reviews of Southern Plantation

Posted by Julie39 July 31, 2014
2.0

Southern Plantation seemed good. Their apartments had two bedrooms with a living room and a kitchen. They serve three meals a day and you get a choice of two different entrees. They have Bingo; they go out to Walmart; they do a country drive one day; and they have a community center where they have lunch three times a week. I am a little dissatisfied with them right now. My dad fell a few times; they said they couldn't pick him up and it is more money to move him inside the facility where he would get extra help.

Posted by Ronda4 July 19, 2014

I went to Southern Plantation. It was an awesome place. Their food was really good. We had lunch there one day and spoke with Linda. She was very nice, very cordial. Everyone there was good to us when we visited. My mom knew some people there, which was another reason we checked that out. The rooms had kind of a hotel feel: bathroom, bed, that was it. They have a great pecan roll. If you're ever in that area, go by there and get one. They gave me a list of activities as far as the bingo, arts and crafts, puzzles.

Posted by sunnydelight13 July 14, 2014
1.0

I have a family member at this facility. Since the company has been bought out 3 times, no one seems to care, or take pride in what they do. The director never returns your calls with complaints. I don't recommend this facility.

Posted by Caring88326150 June 26, 2014
4.0

We walked around Southern Plantation and they showed us the rooms, and they were nice. At the time we checked the facility, we didn’t notice many activities going on.

Posted by Caring87325250 June 26, 2014

Southern Plantation is just the best out of all facilities for my money. My mom has a room there that is pleasant and functional, and that's basically what I was looking for. The staff is very knowledgeable, very gracious, and very attentive. They have a wide variety of activities and my mother has a wide variety of interests, so it was a good fit. Food is excellent. I would recommend this place to others.

Posted by Caring06213 June 27, 2013
4.0

We chose Royal Southern Plantation because it was close to my mom's house and she liked the setting. It was not in a big, busy street but a country setting. There was a medicine assistant who got their medicines and aides who cleaned their rooms and helped them with anything they needed help with. The staff were friendly, helpful, polite and very nice to the residents. They answered their calls and helped with everything she needed. The meals they served were her type of food. Some of the activities were games, bingo, cook-outs, parties on holidays and trips where they went to WalMart or to the grocery stores. It would be better it they improved on a faster maintenance like if something was broke. Nonetheless, my mom liked the people there and she was happy.

Posted by woodline October 05, 2012
3.0

I was pleased with this facility, for the most part. Most of the staff was very friendly and caring--more than one might think. The facility was fairly clean, at first glance. It seems that a lot of things were overlooked however. Oftentimes residents would have stains on the carpets in front of the doors to his or her bedroom for months at a time. The food served at meals was often cold and was not reheated for the residents before served. The major complaint I have is that the caretakers are not certified in any way, nor are they required to be nurses, RNs or really to have any medical background whatsoever. I have witnessed many new employees come in and they are trained entirely on the job. It just seems to me that if we are entrusting the care of our loved ones in this facilities hands that they should give us the same respect and enlist qualified individuals to care for them.

Posted by tanromy October 03, 2012
1.0

I spoke with the manager Trish and had questions for her and I also asked her to call my Grandmother with any questions she had. She seemed to have a dismissive attitude the entire conversation. I haven't heard from her since.. This was 3 weeks ago. Why would I trust this facility with my Grandmother's care if they don't even care enough to return calls to a serious potential resident??? Rude.

Posted by ashleynm275 September 24, 2012
3.0

My uncle lived in this assisted living facility. The kitchen staff was almost always delightful. The nursing staff was a good one for the most part. They were seriously understaffed though. The case loads per aide were like 12 residents to one aide. It does not seem like a lot but it seemed nearly impossible to be able to care for the residents properly when you have that much to do. The administration had some custormer service problems. I noticed that as well as other family members. While my uncle was in there one resident passed away from falling out of her bed due to the aide not putting the bed rails back up. The food could have been a little better for the price that was paid for the meal plans. The colors in the living areas were not very uplifting. There were a lot of neautral colors which I think should be changed to bright colors. They also need to open the windows more often so the residents can see outside. All the darkness just makes you want to sleep and does not encourage wellness. I do not recommend any assisted living facility to anyone. It just was not the place for someone I love.

Posted by SleekTown June 23, 2011
4.0

I personally know a few residents at the Southern Plantation assisted living facility located in Loganville Georgia. The staff is very knowledge and very willing to work with families to make sure that their loved one is taken care of in a proper manner. Southern Plantation has apartment like living for its residents. The apartments are very nice and very spacious. There is a cafeteria that serves amazing food for the residents and for the guests as well. If I were to ever need to recommend someone to a assisted living facility I would recommend that they at least visit Southern Plantation to see if it fits their needs.

Posted by polarbear14 August 03, 2010

Best care around

My parents have lived there now for a while and love their place. Excellent care, good food, well kept facility, and they do actually treat the residents like family. Prices are not bad. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone. I would go as far to say that if I had to go to a place i would like to live at Royal Southern Plantation. They are great!

Location of Southern Plantation

Features of Southern Plantation

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Detached homes
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 1,650
  • Highest monthly rate: 3,800

• Staff patient ratio: 15:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: GA state Certified

Nurses

• Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details