Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From American House Livonia Senior Living

America the Beautiful by American House Senior Living Communities Choir

A relaxing, comfortable one-story community in the West-side suburbs that truly feels like home, American House Livonia is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Livonia, Plymouth, Northville, Farmington, Westland, and Garden City. We are also located in close proximity to these hospitals, St. Mary Mercy Livonia, Botsford Hospital, and Garden City Hospital. Livonia Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Livonia include studios as well as 1 bedrooms - all with kitchenettes and private baths. Residents can enjoy restaurant-style dining, an onsite beauty salon/barber shop, scheduled transportation and an Activity Director who plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Housekeeping and laundry services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Features & Amenities

• Available laundry service

Additional Assistance Available

• Personal Care Assistance with bathing & medication reminders
  • On-site personal care agency
  • and other available support services

Reviews of American House Livonia Senior Living

Posted by Dougie2 September 26, 2014
4.0

My brother and my mom were not crazy about it, but I loved Livonia Senior Living. They offer everything you need, from just a little bit of assistance to full assistance. They had medical and they had a central dining area. The people were very nice -- could have been more helpful. We’ve convinced her to live with us, but if I could get her to live in a facility, that was our first option anyway. The rooms are nice. They had studios and they had 1-bedroom units. They were remodeling some of it while we were there, and it was very nice.

Posted by Caring95204150 September 13, 2014
4.0

I visited American House for my husband, and I liked it. I was impressed with it. It was a little bit far for me to go, but I thought it was a nice facility. I didn't want a facility that had dementia and Alzheimer's with it because I don't think my husband could handle that. I wasn't there long. I just saw the studio apartment, which I liked, and I thought it was nice. I talked to the therapist, and she was very nice. I also talked to the director. I saw the dining room, and it looked very nice, and everybody looked very clean. It was very clean and it had no smell. They do a lot of trips and activities with their patients. However, I wasn’t there a long time because I wanted my children to come and look at the facility also. She said I could come anytime.

Posted by laugh a lot April 22, 2014
4.0

My friend is in American House and it is very nice. It is very clean, attractively decorated, and very warm looking. The staff is very patient and nice. However, my friend is not really happy with the food, and a lot of the other people are not really happy with it either.

Posted by Cheryl18 November 27, 2013

Right now my mom is at my sister, but we did visit a couple of American Houses. As a matter of fact if she had to be placed to one facility, I'd like her to put her on American House Livonia. That facility is very nice. It's close to home. They were very personable. They gave us lunch and it was just very nice. I like the layout of the place. Some of the rooms were built around like a little courtyard. They can go out to the courtyard, but they couldn’t go anywhere else. The rooms were spacious enough and they had a little kitchenette. They had activities going on. When we were there, they have exercise classes. They also have little game room where they can do puzzles.

Posted by Stacey7 October 30, 2013

American House was more up to date and modern. The rooms were okay. However, it was a little bit more costly.

Posted by Hewitt September 16, 2013
4.0

I have heard about American House from others, so I visited it. They were about the same as with the other facility I saw. The staff seems very attentive. The rooms are adequate. However, I didn't observe any activities going on during my visit.

Posted by ARelative June 29, 2013
3.0

I took my mom out of this facility. Some things were good - such as the room size and the food. However, she never received much interaction from the staff. Like another reviewer said, there is too much sitting in front of the TV. Also, they seem to have a constant turnover of caregivers.

Posted by 755 May 24, 2013
2.0

I visited American House Livonia Senior Living when I looked for a place for me and my husband before. The staff were fine and the place seemed clean. I did not take a full tour of the facility. There were a lot of seniors on wheelchairs who sat in front of the television, and I just did not think it was the place that I wanted to be.

Posted by Lizzie83 June 30, 2012
4.0

The grounds of the facilities were very pretty and well-kept. There were many plants and flowers. The staff my parents and I interacted with were quite helpful and patient with addressing any concerns we had. We did have one experience where a staff member was impatient with us when we were asking questions while they were having a busy day. Generally, everyone was very helpful. Moving my grandfather in was a trying decision, and the staff did all the could to make it easier. When moving in, the neighbors came over to introduce themselves. It was a friendly community. My grandfather was unhappy at having to move to an assisted living community, but had no complaints with the community itself. The staff tried to insure that he did not feel helpless or "baby-ed," instead emphasizing that this was a natural progression of a living situation as one ages. Overall, I would recommend American House to others.

Posted by The_Fadman June 29, 2012
4.0

The staff was very friendly and we were encouraged to visit our "loved one" as often as we could after our initial visit ended. The rooms and areas in general were very clean and the scenery outside and inside the facility was quite pleasant. My friends grandma personally told us that life at this nursing home was quite good. She suffers from extreme arthritis which prevents here from moving around freely so she is confined to a wheelchair for most of the day. She assured us that they took great care of her and that this facility was a great improvement over the previous one that she was placed at. She also told us the food was quite good but she complained that there aren't really enough staff members to assign proper time and care for every senior citizen at the facility. I gave this place four stars (which is quite good for a senior living home in my opinion!) because my friends grandma really enjoyed it but they really didn't give each senior enough time with staff to keep them company.

Posted by harnold January 20, 2012
4.0

Staff was always very friendly, but I would have like my grandfather to have more interaction with the staff. He hardly ever left his room and nobody ever really came to spend time with him. Also, he ended up with a lot of medical issues that went un-noticed by the staff, which was very disconcerning. All in all, it was pretty much what was to be expected from a long term care facility, but wish that we could strive to do more for the elderly.

Location of American House Livonia Senior Living