Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Thomson-Hood Veterans Center

Posted by Lydia2 March 08, 2013

Thomson-Hood Veterans Center is incredible. The staff to patient ratio is high. It's a state facility and so the state pay so much per person that's there. It's just fabulous. They have all kinds of activities for the residents and they even have a barbershop. I would highly recommend it to anybody.

Posted by brittany0719 December 04, 2012
4.0

It was an amazing facility. The interaction between the staff and the veterans was heart warming. The facility was clean and the patients were very well cared for. I was there for Halloween and some of the nurses and patients were able to dress up in costumes and this brought so much delight to the dinning hours. The staff was very competent and took their job seriously.

Posted by Sydney2 August 04, 2012

The staff is very attentive to the needs of all their patients in the Alzheimer's/Dementia unit. It has made nursing home care so much better for my father.

Posted by Daughter looking out for Dad August 01, 2011

I visited this facility for possibility of placing my father there. It was a beautiful place, the grounds were breathtaking. The facility and staff seemed to be very professional. And I noticed the staff was really warm and friendly. They were very caring to the residents. Seemed to be tending to there needs. I was very impressed. Its about the best I've seen.

Myrtle beach kodak camera 008.jpg
Posted by 3Generations July 27, 2011
4.0

We moved my Dad here almost five months ago, and have been very happy with both the facility and the staff. It is a beautiful campus, set on many acres of rolling countryside. There are lovely family visiting areas inside and outside, including paved walking trails (suitable for wheelchairs) winding through trees. The facility is always shiny clean, from the picture windows in the atrium down to the hardwood floors - even the bird aviary and aquarium always appear sparkling clean! The staff and many volunteers are attentive and respectful. It is clear everyone there respects the service given by these veterans, who now need service themselves. Dad's nursing staff and social worker are very good about communicating with us, letting us know of any changes, appointments, or special events. Dad seems peaceful and well-cared for; and THAT is what matters.

Location of Thomson-Hood Veterans Center