Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Casa Sandoval

It's a Small World

At Casa Sandoval we've provided quality independent and assisted living services for more than two decades. We're proud of our mission to create a warm and friendly community, a family-like atmosphere and resident services second to none. Our residence staff is on duty 24 hours per day. The private courtyards and landscaped walking paths of Casa are shadowed by ancient oak trees, where residents soak in the peaceful sounds of a meandering creek and enjoy the occasional visits of wild ducks and geese.

Within walking distance of the creek are the Hayward Senior Center and two famous local land­ marks: the Japanese Botanical Garden and the Douglas Morrison Little Theatre. Casa is only blocks away from downtown shops, entertainment, medical offices, and senior centers.

Luxury Apartment Amenities Include:

• Studio, 1-or-2 bedrooms with wall-to-wall carpeting and stunning views
  • Kitchenettes with microwave, stove and refrigerator
  • Large private living rooms
  • Large accessible private bathrooms with bath or shower units
  • Satellite TV and community activities channel
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundry service and utilities included
  • Philips "Lifeline" medical alert system

Resort Lifestyle Amenities included:

• Restaurant-style dining with three nutritious meals daily; Sunday brunch buffet
  • Fitness and exercise programs
  • Adult learning programs
  • Bingo, billiards, cards and game room
  • Reading lounge, theater center, and library
  • Onsite activities & events
  • Computer center with Internet access
  • Beauty and barber shop
  • Country store
  • Daily ice cream socials
  • Courtyards, sun decks, and shuffleboard
  • Private secured parking
  • Scheduled shuttle service to medical appointments and shopping
  • Outdoor adventures, shopping and scenic drives

It's About Family

Casa offers an exceptional senior living experience. Our residents enjoy a vibrant lifestyle and the highest quality care from a gracious, friendly and caring staff in a comfortable, safe and nurturing environment. Community

There's always something to do at Casa and friends to share adventures with. Get onboard for local shopping trips and weekly excursions or stay home to play bingo, card games, and billiards. Don't forget the delicious nutrition­ ally balanced meals prepared by our chef for our classic dining room.

Casa offers an exceptionally comfortable and carefree lifestyle for our residents. For convenience, your private apartment, utilities, meals, social activities and community amenities are all included in your low monthly fee.

Call us now for a personal tour and a complimentary lunch.

Reviews of Casa Sandoval

Posted by Connie36 September 12, 2014

The services are excellent. The people are very friendly and helpful. It is a beautiful facility. I am very grateful to be living here. I love it.

Posted by Linda68649550 August 30, 2014
4.0

The staff at Casa Sandoval has been excellent. Our aunt is very difficult. She is a Greek and has communication issues. She is even very rude sometimes. Thankfully, they have been very patient and helpful with her. We have had to move up to a level of care already. She has gotten worse physically since she has been there. So far, they have been able to accomodate things. My aunt and I are not thrilled with their food though. She doesn't go to the dining room because the food is brought to her room. It is usually cold when the food gets to her. The situation is not very appealing. Other than that, everything seems to be very well managed there. The place is clean and we are very happy with them.

Posted by Caring61833750 August 29, 2014

Casa Sandoval is where I really want to get my parents in. I was impressed with the interaction among the people as well as with the care that the workers gave. I was impressed with their meal setup, too. They had a lot of activities available for seniors as well. They take them out on field trips and things like that, and there are activities going on inside the facility itself. The apartments were excellent -- very roomy. The staff was very professional. They'd take the parents out for lunch, and the food was excellent. I got the chance to meet the owner of the place, who was very cordial. I don't have any recommendations on how they can improve. Their pricing was very reasonable as well.

Posted by jeff g August 13, 2014

Casa is a blessing to me & my parents. I do not want to think of what I would have done without these great people. There is no red tape or pressure to move in here. Always something going on at the Casa. Please do not make a decision until you visit. Meet some of the folks here & you will feel it. Thanks again Casa for being there !! Jeff

Posted by Hayward64 July 30, 2014

I find the staff at Casa Sandoval to be extremely accommodating and pleasant. I have great peace of mind knowing that my mother is well taken care of and is safe. My mother chose to live at Casa Sandoval and I think she made an excellent choice!

Posted by Caring87058550 June 19, 2014
3.0

The atmosphere is very pleasant at Casa Sandoval. The food is excellent. I think the staff is overly parental with my mother, and she objects to that. When she moved in, the apartment wasn’t really ready. There were light bulbs that didn’t work, and they hadn't moved the closet pulls down lower like she requested. I wasn’t impressed with that. The person who does their marketing, I guess, told me that they would take of the long-term care insurance, but they didn’t. I think they should have told me because I could take have taken care of that in a timely manner. Her apartment is very nice and very roomy. It's nicely done. The layout is nice and the shower is great. They don’t have the television channels that have old TV programs, and I think that would have been a good thinking process on their part.

Posted by KJ2 March 27, 2014

The rooms at Casa Sandoval were large. The place felt safe, and there were a lot of safety features. It was a fairly large facility with seven floors. The more acute situations are closest to the main dining room on the first floor. But every floor has their own gathering areas. There's Hayward Creek running behind it, and you can see the ducks. It's a really nice enclosed patio area. You're safe, but you can still be close to nature.

The only drawback was how far Mom might have to walk to get to an elevator. So I would want to be on a waiting list as we get closer to the time, so that we could choose a room that is closer to an elevator. Also, if my aunt moves in with her, it's only an additional $700 to the room, which is much less than the other places that I liked.

Everybody was friendly and they knew everybody's names. They were very good about introducing people who are new there to people with like interests so that they could make friends more easily. It just seem very non-clinical and very friendly. I ate lunch there, and the food was good. They have a lot of activities.

The last thing they did was kind of "Around the World in 80 Days." People who've been to other countries shared their experiences. They have something going on all the time. They celebrate every holiday possible and decorate for everything. Nobody is tied to a wheelchair.

It smelled totally clean. They check on you, feed you, and if you don't show up for lunch or breakfast, they go figure out why. So it felt very caring, sterile, and also fun. There's a movie and a game room on each floor. I really like the roominess of the rooms. They have a complete kitchen where they could cook. There's a microwave, oven, and 2-burner stove.

Posted by JG4 February 28, 2014

My sister and I are very pleased with the care and attention of the staff here at Casa Sandoval.We love our parents and are happy they are here.

Posted by May V February 28, 2014

Casa Sandoval is such a warm, loving community. I'm so glad I decided to check out this wonderful place in the heart of the Bay Area. The many entertaining events and activities they plan are like no other. I have fell in love with this community and their friendly, accommodating staff and charismatic residents. Five stars from me!

Posted by Lucy12 January 31, 2014

I had placed my mother at Casa Sandoval and it was just an excellent facility. The facility looked very accommodating for a lot of reason. It's very clean and it looked like they had entertainment.

Posted by Pamela10 September 11, 2013

We moved my brother at Casa Sandoval sometime in April. The people that gave us the tour were absolutely wonderful and very caring. They were very informative and very kind. They gave us all information with regards to the cost and the services that are rendered there. We even came there unannounced, but they accommodated us and showed us around. The place was very clean. They had all kinds of spring decorations all over the lobby area for the people that lived there and they have a lot of activities going on and they also have entertainment. The apartments are nice. The food is absolutely restaurant-quality food. The dining halls have table cloths with cloth napkins. I think it's very reasonably priced at $3800 a month for somebody that gives all of his medications and check on him every two hours round the clock. They do all of his laundry. I have elderly parents and definitely that's where they will go when the times comes without question.

Posted by Rumble July 24, 2013

For the last 30 years we have lived in Virginia. During this period we encouraged our now 100 year old mother to leave California to be closer to our family. She spent a few months in Virginia and decided she wanted to return to California—her home. In early 2008 at age 95 she concluded that living in her house was too difficult and it was time to move, but to remain in California. We agreed and researched/visited several living facilities in the Bay Area. At the time the collective conclusion was that Casa Sandoval offered a family oriented environment to include individual personal care, a wide variety of social activities, and superb living conditions. Our mother moved to Casa Sandoval in March 2008. Her independent living apartment was well equipped, quiet, and had a view of the stream and trees that she particularly enjoyed. The physical move and new environment was a definite change after living more than 50 years in her ‘own’ house. The Casa staff appreciated the situation and made sure she felt at home. After a one week adjustment period our mother told us she was happy, enjoyed being ‘taken care of’ and did not want to return to her house. Obviously we too were happy and somewhat surprised that the transition to Casa living was so short—definitely a credit to the Casa staff and their compassion. In early 2012 the Casa staff contacted us concerning our mother’s physical condition. Although she was mentally sound, they observed that her physical ability had recently deteriorated to the point of it being difficult for her to participate in social activities. Shortly thereafter we visited our mother. Typically we visit Casa 2-3 times a year and since our September 2011 visit it was clear the Casa staff was correct. A decision had to be made; do we move our mother to another facility or elect to remain at Casa? Our mother wanted to remain, but we wanted to explore the options. After due diligence, we determined that Casa was the best decision. During the course of the decision making process we met with both the owner (Wai) and the Executive Director (Ann) . They were both very knowledgeable about our mother’s current condition and relayed their concerns regarding her well-being and quality of life. We asked if we could independently talk with the Casa staff and spend some time in the assisted living facility—they encouraged us to do so. Our mother is currently an assisted living resident. Since the move to the new location, her spirits and general health have improved and she is once again able to enjoy many of Casa’s social and educational activities. When it is time for us to leave our home, we look forward to being Casa residents. Besides the weather in the Bay Area is much better than Virginia!

Posted by Mariellen January 30, 2013

Casa Sandoval has a warm and caring environment. My dad has lived here for a number of years and he is very happy with the staff and facilities. Plus the food is excellent!

Icon.png
Posted by Emily M. May 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My papa stayed here for several months before he required a different type of care. When I came to visit I thought the facility was beautiful, very clean and classy. It reminded me of a fancy hotel. The staff was friendly, and effective and they seemed to have everything under control. The room my papa lived in was a very good size, and clean with plush new carpet. They also offered great meals and many activities. I was very impressed with this place! I know my family and I felt comforted knowing our papa was staying at such a lovely facility.

Posted by Fran8302 May 10, 2011

Visited this facility

In the process of researching a suitable assisted living facility for my grandmother, I came across Casa Sandoval, and decided to take a tour. I wanted to choose a place that was close to where I live. When I first walked in, the staff was very friendly and happy to show me around. I was impressed with all the amenities that they offer, as well as beautiful views of the Hayward Japanese Gardens and nearby creek where ducks are often swimming. Casa Sandoval provides reading areas, a billiards room, a theater room, dining area, an ice cream parlor, and a small exercise room for their residents. I like that they are really focused on encouraging seniors to be more active in the community by hosting various activities, including day trips to museums and restaurants, volunteering, Bible study, which I know my grandma would love, and other events. Apartments come with microwaves, refrigerators, and built-in intercom systems. They seem to have a good security system, with on-call dedicated staff and security cameras in the hallways for 24/7 monitoring. I felt that my grandma would be safe, happy, well taken care of here. I will definitely consider Casa Sandoval as my grandmother's new home.

Location of Casa Sandoval