Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Pine Run Lakeview

Posted by Caring93967150 October 05, 2014
4.0

I’m living in Pine Run Lakeview. It’s a likeable place. The place is owned by Doylestown Hospital. We’re a couple of blocks from it. There’s a service; they have two vehicles and one driver. It cost $10 to make a roundtrip in any place in Bucks County. You have to reserve ahead of time. Most people here do not drive. In particular, the food is better than I had expected. The service staff is above what you would expect if you would carefully hire people that didn’t pay them very much. Many of the people in the dining room for instance during the summer are on vacation from school or about to start college. They do a part as well as one would expect. The food is excellent. I would give the food an A minus; I’ll give the service a C minus. The cost is about equal the cost of staying in one of the local hotels. Of course if you stay in one of the local hotels you spend a few days or weeks. Here you might expect to spend for the rest of your life. This is a place where they do not take you for a thousand dollars of entrance fee. The worst part is that the rooms are small. They call them a suite. It’s a shock to move into a suite consisting of a one room and a bathroom. That’s a negative, but on the other hand you can get used to it. There are about 120 residents here I suppose. I would say 1/3 of the people here you can’t talk to because their minds are gone. Maybe another third has some deterioration simply due to the fact that they’re old. The remaining third are pretty good mentally.

Posted by johnnyfiveisalive June 23, 2012
4.0

Nice people, great staff. No real problems. The food was nice, the environment was friendly, they allowed pets and had communal events. The atmosphere was nice, the staff friendly, no real complaints. My grandmother was well regarded there and they all took care of her and checked on her every day.

Posted by 8Bear May 26, 2011

Visited this facility

I used to volunteer at the assisted living center to talk with the residents and clean their bird cages. I was impressed that they could have a bird in their room if they wanted. I think this brought a lot of enjoyment to the residents who opted for a bird. For residents who did not want to have pets in their room, they had several chinchillas in the lobby as well. The facilities were clean and faculty was always courteous and friendly. I do not have any family members at this home, but I would consider Pine Run if I ever had to make a decision for a family member regarding the choice of a nursing home.

Location of Pine Run Lakeview

Features of Pine Run Lakeview

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: Limited hours per week, Onsite 24/7, On-call 24/7

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: All Pets