Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Cottingham Retirement Community

Posted by Caring72839550 November 28, 2013

We like Cottingham very much. We just visited there a couple of times and we liked their apartment. They have a lot of activities for the residents. They were my second choice and I thought they would be a good facility also. The staff seemed very nice and they knew all the residents by their first name. They also seemed very attentive.

Posted by Caring70665150 November 22, 2013
4.0

My parents stayed in Cottingham Retirement Community for almost 12 months. I would recommend this place for assisted living. It was clean. They also had a choice of meal 3 times a day. Their nursing care was pretty good and they were also friendly. They had outings, bingo and other card games and music programs. But the staff was not always careful about their privacy.

Posted by Kristina1 May 30, 2012
4.0

My grandfather has been at Cottingham Retirement Community for almost three years, and I would recommend this assisted living community for your relative or friend. The comfort Cottingham provides for the elderly must be pleasant, because my grandfather did not want to be moved out of his house, but immediately adjusted to life in his new home. We no longer had to worry about him injuring himself with no one to help him.Every time I visit Cottingham, the grounds and interior are clean, spacious, and bright. There are plenty of skylights, windows, and decorations like plants and antique furniture to make the residents feel at home. Activities are hosted regularly, such as Wii bowling, movie nights, and sports game viewing. Additionally, a church service is held every Saturday.The staff at Cottingham is friendly, attentive, and experienced. My grandfather has dementia, and most of the staff is very helpful, with the rare occasion of an impatient cafeteria worker or nurse. I have joined him during a Christmas lunch, and the food is very good. When an issue or question arises regarding my grandfather's health, the staff immediately attends to it in a helpful manner. Overall, I would say our family could not be happier with the care and comfort my grandfather has at Cottingham Retirement Community.

Location of Cottingham Retirement Community