Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Oaks of Alamance

Posted by unhappy client April 30, 2013
1.0

My Mother is living at the Oaks of Alamance for the last 2 years. It started out really nice. Friendly place, Friendly people,good food. She was very happy. Now I hear about how they are miss treating not only her but other people. Not really bad but with letting them sit in the dinning room for long periods of time, not giving them baths on schedule. Things that could be dealt with. But now when they are given a bath and the helper is so rough that the resident is brought to tears!! Now an old man at the residence has attacked 2 women there. Things have to change before you take you family member there.

Posted by Bonnie4 October 29, 2012
1.0

I think the Oaks of Alamance ought to be put out of business. The lady that runs the place, she'll say to your face or a family member that everything's going to be fine, but I think my mother fell every other day. I'll go and say is there a problem, do I need to move her, and she'll say we can handle it. She will fall every time she try to get up. She lost weight and if she had been there another two or three months my mother would have died. The room that mother was in was a pretty good sized room. The place is very pretty, but they ought to be shutdown.

Posted by jksmith77 August 11, 2011
3.0

This is a very small to medium sized facility only holding about room for about 70 guests. The area outside did not impress me enough. I was looking fro more flowers especially something more lively like yellow or bright pink but there were only green bushes and trees.

When I got in, it took me a few minutes to see the receptionist and I did not get a walkthough just a "talk-through". She told me where everything was and how things went on throughout the facility. That was fine with me, but I was just wondering if she was holding something back.

The amenities were plain; the usual room for activities and an outing or two a week and a room for a barber/salon.

In other words it did not impress me that much. I did not see one guest at all while I was there which seemed odd but I figured they may have been on a trip or off on an activity.

Location of The Oaks of Alamance