Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Thornton Oaks

Welcome to Thornton Oaks retirement community in Brunswick, Maine, a town cited twice by Money magazine as one of the top communities in the U.S. in which to retire. Brunswick is the gateway to Maine?s Mid Coast region and sits on the northern rim of Casco Bay.

Life at Thornton Oaks is as varied and diverse as our residents, who are instrumental in planning and shaping community events. The calendar is filled with daily activities, from book groups and bridge parties to foreign affairs lectures and flower arranging. The Thornton Oaks shuttle bus makes frequent trips to the Bowdoin College pool and local shopping centers, as well as cultural excursions to Portland and Boston.

Ours is a friendly and welcoming community. Residents find it easy to connect with others who share similar interests and many tell us that they have never been as social as they find themselves now, in retirement.

Reviews of Thornton Oaks

Average Rating: 4.0 based on 1 Review

Thornton Oaks
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by lovelove September 18, 2012
4.0

Thornton Oaks is an assisted living facility in Brunswick, Maine. My grandma has lived there for two years now and seems to really enjoy her time there. The office staff is nice and recognizes me when I go to visit with my family. The nurses are great and activities director is nice as well. The dining room is close to 5 star dining with steak, chicken, and seafood dishes being served regularly. They have lunch and breakfast there on Sundays as well. The dining room staff can make deliveries as well. My grandmas apartment in nice on the inside. It's roomy but accommodating for one person. She is on the first floor but they have elevators so if she was on a second floor and couldn't go up the stairs, it wouldn't be a problem. During the holidays they decorate the place and have certain events throughout the year come to Thornton Oaks. My grandma frequently talks about performers she's seen or people she has met. They have games and movies regularly too. My grandma also gets service around town by way of a bus to the grocery stores and theater performances. The facility seems to be very clean and the landscaping is taken care of. I enjoy going and meeting her friends she's made there as well. The other residents are all very nice people.

Location of Thornton Oaks