Payment Options

LTCI, Private pay, Veterans

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise at Mill Basin

Step into a Sunrise community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Reviews of Sunrise at Mill Basin

Posted by Caring01511 May 14, 2013

Sunrise at Mill Basin has the same things as the others. From what I understand, the same company makes the same furniture and the same company furnishes the area rugs. It's lovely, bright and elegant. This place is cheaper than the other Sunrise in other places. It is right on the water. It's Mill Basin, with boats and sea gulls. It's very pretty. The staff were very respectful, warm and listens to everybody's needs. I actually had a thanksgiving meal there and the food was awesome and the china was lovely. It's like a five star hotel or restaurant. They have all levels of rooms. They have shares, studios, one, two, three bedrooms and suites.

Posted by ladymacca9 October 25, 2012
3.0

Overall, I think that the patients could be dressed and ready before visiting hours so that way visitors aren't waiting a long time to see their loved ones.Some of the patients could be kept cleaner, have their diapers changed more often, but the patients are generally maintained at a decent level.The facility itself is clean, with a good custodial staff. The staff cares about the patients and they make every effort to reach out to families when there is a concern.

Posted by damcam_8920 December 08, 2011
4.0

My grandmother was a resident at this adult assisted living facility. She was living with my Aunts but was recommended to this facility because they had better health care supervision available. The first thing that strikes you about this facility is the garden and landscape at eh entrance. I originally moved here from Florida and it reminded me of the we propertied were built and maintained there. I an familiar with other locations in the city from driving by and this one absolutely blows them away. Not only is the entrance well kept, the grounds are well kept as well, even where the backyard is that runs into the boardwalk and terrace overlooking the water. The property is located on the water in Jamaica bay, it offers the opportunity to see the bay from several of the rooms. My grand mother had one of these and told us how tranquil the water was during the daytime.The location allows for a tranquil environment while being close to relatives and friends in the city. The staff is professional and the experience was excellent, the only draw back is winter, but then again it is for us all.

Posted by JoyceH November 17, 2011

I am very pleased with Sunrise Mill Basin. I have 2 aunts in residence, which they are also pleased in where they are residing. As the months have passed each day i see a change in them. They have a get up and go push that they had lost. I recommend this facility. It is located in a beautiful area.

Posted by DagnyGiga June 24, 2011
3.0

Overall the senior assisted facility is in good shape. The faculty is nice and has a smile on their faces for anyone that passes by the center. The seniors look happy and at ease in their environment. The facility looks pretty much clean and there are employees waking throughout the center to survey that everything goes smoothly. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are clean. Some of the employees have attitudes but most of them like their jobs and enjoy getting up in the morning to spend time with the seniors. I enjoyed my stay at the Sunrise Assisted Living Center.

Location of Sunrise at Mill Basin

Features of Sunrise at Mill Basin

• Diabetic
  • Low salt

• French
  • Russian
  • Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy