Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Aegis of Bothell

Our assisted living retirement community is a cozy bed and breakfast style inn located in this quaint and charming town at the north end of Lake Washington. Our quiet neighborhood location provides our residents with the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors - plenty of sidewalks and green grass - just like home. Relax and sip lemonade in our lovely garden courtyard, help yourself to freshly baked bread in our bistro, enjoy warming yourself by the fire and visiting with your neighbors in our comfortable living room. Our caring memory care staff becomes like family and your neighbors are your friends.

Aegis of Bothell also provides dedicated care for individuals living with Alzheimer's or other dementia. This innovative program focuses on increasing the quality of life for our residents through social interaction and specially-designed living spaces which provide comfort and security.

We would love to welcome you to our home. Stop by anytime! Visit Aegis of Bothell today and take a tour of our Bothell assisted living and memory care community. Aegis of Bothell offers Adult Day Care, Short Term Stays and Long Term Residency.

Reviews of Aegis of Bothell

Posted by Kelly14 April 11, 2014

Aegis of Bothell is where my father-in-law has been placed twice now. When he walked out the door, the staff cried. I mean, that was a telling sign. Six weeks later, when he came back, they cried too. When they opened the door again, they took him back immediately without any new community fee or anything. I like that this community took an interest in my father-in-law. They have private rooms, which are very nice. They have little refrigerators in them. The assisted living part is even nicer. My father-in-law is in a semi-private. It has a bedroom, a shared bathroom, and a shared kitchenette. There are two dining rooms there, one over in memory care. They have assigned seatings, so for my father-in-law, it is a routine for him. The food is very good. They have good selection. When we were first doing the evaluation, they always would bring me a salad and ask if I wanted anything else. They have been very good to the family. They brought him treats because he likes it. They watch out for him, and they make sure that he is secure in the evening. My father-in-law, in turn, is comfortable there. Overall, they are a 5. We're part of their family and they're part of ours.

Posted by humbledwaitress March 13, 2014

I had the most wonderful experience serving a large group of 12 resident yesterday from Aegis of Bothell. I have been a waitress for a long time but I have never came across another group of people that have humbled me and my co-workers so much. The 2 staff members which I later found out to be Life Enrichment Directors, I don't think sat own once they were busier than I attending to the needs of their residents who were extremely confused. When they were not taking someone to the restroom 5 times they were helping cut up food, cleaning up messes, wiping faces, kissing foreheads and once when I was not quick enough with a coffee refill they got up and helped themselves and poured coffee for everyone. I was dreading taking the orders of 10 confused residents and when I did the girls had it all done for me and handed me there order on a piece of paper. They were there for about 2 hrs and me and the other staff were totally captivated by how these 2 girls orchistraded a wonderful experience for their large very senior group.

Posted by Bennettjess February 15, 2014
1.0

At first, I adored the Bothell Aegis. I walked into the sounds of cozy laughter, and there was a good energy, and an adorable Golden Retriever laying across the floor that I had to step over. I saw there was an activity happening, that about ten residents were enjoying. My purpose was to go for info, but instead, I stood back and watched. If you do this, right away you will notice a high number of foreigners on Aegis’s care staff. I talked to two women, African, I think. Unfortunately, English wasn’t their first language, and neither one could answer a simple question. My question was… why were so many of the residents off alone in corners, instead of participating in the activity? I pictured Mom, who is shy, being one of these residents in the corner. The two women didn’t understand a word I said. And if they couldn’t understand me, I wondered how they were able to communicate with Mom if something happened.
With that in mind I visited again, a Sunday night, just after dinner. And I brought my daughter who is in the business. We couldn’t believe what we saw. There was chaos everywhere and not a caregiver in sight. My daughter sat down and tried to calm a lady having a panic-attack. We then waited twenty minutes as various residents needed help and no one came. My daughter said it was neglect, and negligence that bordered on abuse, and that she was going to call an agency that monitors abuse. Finally a caregiver appeared, told the lady having the attack to be quiet, and then walked in the dining room where he passed a nice lady that asked for milk, either he didn’t understand—or pretended not to. It was like the way people pretend not to see a homeless person. It left me with a sick feeling. And I couldn’t stop picturing Mom, who needs attention, but would never ask.
Aegis may feel like a small close-knit community, but it is above all else a corporation, and like any corporation its profit motivated, unfortunately, the corporate greed comes at the cost and safety of the residents who can’t speak for themselves. I researched the company and found they pay their caregivers minimum wage and their turnover rate is higher than fast food. I once heard Aegis described as the Walmart of Senior-living. I normally don’t write reviews, but I felt responsible to share this experience. Especially since I found that not all homes are like this. If you’re set on Aegis, then I recommend a visit in the evening, or on a weekend. And before you make your decision—walk around and talk to some of the caregivers and staff.

Posted by charbonneau1874 June 30, 2012

After having a difficult time with a different assisted-living provider, we transferred our grandmother to Aegis of Bothell. Aegis has been perfect. My grandmother requires a scooter to move about and an oxygen tank to be maintained. The complex has many spacious elevators available for use and the outside has many ramps that make trips outside very easy. Aegis also ensures that her oxygen tank is always at the proper levels and my somewhat feisty grandmother has never complained about an attendants visit to her room. The price for Aegis is great especially considering the abundance of entertainment offered to residents. Two to three times per week, a local musician comes for meals to play songs that residents grew up with and holidays are always accompanied by a large feast where family members are invited. The manager of the branch visits regularly and mingles with residents and family members which makes everyone involved feel very welcome to the community.

Posted by Anonymous9 May 23, 2011
3.0

Visited this facility

I visited this facility with a client. She did not like the size of the building and thought the its location was too close to Bothell's center. It was rather easy to make out the sound of traffic outside, and we heard an ambulance pass by twice during our visit. Although it seemed as though they had a lovely, close-knit community, and my client loved the little dog that wandered the facility, she did not choose this facility for her long-term residence.

Location of Aegis of Bothell