Reviews of Dominican Village

Posted by BewareDominican July 14, 2014
1.0

PLEASE BEWARE!!!!! We recently moved Mom over to Assisted Living from Independent Living within Dominican Village. We bought a trundle bed so that my sister could stay over on weekends (as she was doing previously). They informed us the day of the move that she would no longer be able to stay over and to remove the trundle within 3 days or they were going to evict my 88 year old mother out into the street (I kid you not!). When we asked why, they stated that the Dept. of Health did not allow another person to stay over in the assisted living room. We called the Dept. of Health and were told there was no such regulation. The people who run this facility, specifically the CEO and his wife, were combative, dishonest and disrespectful during any and all conversations we have had with them. I would encourage you to please be VERY careful and explore all other options before considering Dominican Village as an assisted living facility for your loved one.

Posted by Laura31 March 30, 2014
4.0

Dominican Village was referred to us for my mother-in-law. I like the facility because it's clean and bright. The staff seem fine. The apartment is nice, spacious enough, and has what she needs. It has a nice bathroom as well.

Posted by Primary Care Physician July 31, 2013

I am a physician, my mom was at Dominican Village for 7 years before she needed more care and moved to a nursing home. Terrific staff and care! Thank God for the nuns doing God's Work!

Posted by bella1 September 11, 2012
4.0

This looked very nice on the outside, it is in next to a nunnery I think. The residence was very clean. There was a beauty parlor and cafeteria area. The apartment area was nice with a little kitchnette. We thought the area was very nice and clean. The neighborhood was not all that great though. The place itself seemed really nice and had a lot of activities available for residents.The people that worked there seemed very friendly. The residents I saw living there seemed to be quite happy at the residence. My aunt seemed to like the place too. She decided not to move there because of the surrounding neighborhood. Im sure it was safe but she was put off by the people she saw in the area.

Posted by Betty5 November 21, 2011
4.0

Caring personnel; many activities available; good dining

Location of Dominican Village