Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Dogwood Forest Dunwoody

Posted by aialik September 27, 2013
2.0

As with any assisted living, BE CAREFUL before you submit your loved one to this place. On the surface, outside and inside is attractive. Staff are actually pretty well trained and mostly care. But they strictly limit the amount of care they offer to insure profitability. For example, it takes continuous monitoring by family to be sure my loved one's room has toilet paper provided. And resident room housekeeping is totally ignored.

Posted by livebyfaith August 17, 2011
4.0

I saw employees interacting with the seniors and their families that were visiting. There were many Alheizmers patients. I notice employees giving them being patient and compassionate. Some of the seniors were watching TV shows such as the golden girls others were doing karaoke or talking with each other.

Posted by atwagal@aol.com July 29, 2011

My husband has ALZ...............he is known as the VELCO man. When I walk him into the memory unit, the staff surrounds him and calls his name. He immediately responds................and I am abled to walk away. They have the training to distract him and allow me to move away. Not only do they work well with him, but I observie their ability to distarct others in their behavior patterns. It is very impressive with their training to work with this special group of people. Though he is only a day care in this memory unit, I can see as an easy transition to permanent resident.

Posted by RingEmanu May 31, 2011
4.0

Visited this facility

The Dogwood Forest Assisted Living Facility, in a nutshell, can be best described as very good. The employees (i.e. nurses/caretakers, cooks, and etc...) can be described as competent in what they are hired to do. However, they seemed to lack dedication and expertise that would normally be seen from registered nurses/doctors, professional cooks, and other people who excel at what they do, when I toured there with my grandparents. However, they did have exemplary facilities, services, and amenities (i.e. recreational rooms, a spa, overall area for seniors to roam in, and laundry services, cable TV, sports activities, and many health services). They also had high quality rooming for the prices they charged, making the value (at least to me) of their facilities and faculty increase further. Finally, the setting (which was small and welcoming) and location (which was close to renowned hospitals, restaurants, shopping centers, and the city of Atlanta) was livable and welcoming because of all it had to offer.

Location of Dogwood Forest Dunwoody