Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From University Living at Ann Arbor

Life at University Living offers spacious, private apartments, along with comfortable living spaces throughout the building. We offer a wide array of amenities and social options that are customized to support the independence of all of our residents.

Simplify your life - enjoy life on your terms:

• Affordable monthly fees
  • No buy-in or expensive endowments to move in
  • Maintenance-free living
  • A helping hand whenever you need it

Reviews of University Living at Ann Arbor

Posted by Laura37 June 30, 2014

I guess the bottom line is that they have had a lot of activities that we felt my aunt would get involved and be active. She says right now, she's complaining that it's not how it was in the beginning. But I think a lot of that is because she doesn't want to be there, and she wants to be at home. I tried the food at least once when we initially moved her in. The food looks pretty good.

Posted by Y-Bortz2 August 21, 2012

This is one of the best Facilities I've ever experienced. The staff is friendly, the facility is clean. It's an updated facility. It reminds me of a club, or an upscale retirement home. I've been to a few nursery homes, and this one is different from any home I've ever been in. The food looks like something anyone would eat. It's always energetic, and clean. The only negative I have about this Facility is that its's a little expensive. But, this facility has memory programs, fitness programs, and independent living. This facility even has a hair salon! Hands down the best Nursing home I've ever seen, or been in. If you step inside this building it'll remind you that you're in Ann Arbor; very upscale. The whole time my family member lived there, there was never anything that came up missing. The residents always seem satisfied, and up-beat. My Great Great Auntie always had a smile on her face when we came to visit. She never had anything bad to say about the staff, or the facility. I highly recommend University Senior Living, it's worth the price.

Posted by gaskilla July 31, 2012
4.0

University Living, in my opinion, was excellent, as far as assisted living facilities go. The staff was caring and friendly with the residents, and we rarely had any concerns regarding them, nor their availability when we needed assistance in any way. I also like that the facility had several enriching activities and programs for interested seniors (including current events classes/discussions and of course, regular Bingo and other games), and that they have a "gym" area for physical therapy and general working out. They seemed very focused on the physical as well as the mental and social aspects of elderly life, and that was really refreshing to see.

Posted by My Happiness July 09, 2012
4.0

About four years ago I started looking for a place for my mom. The facility fit her very nicely. It had a more modern look for her and everyone was very nice. The activities, food and staff was a good fit. If I had any questions they were addressed promptly. What I liked the most is I could come and go whenever I wanted. This was her home with no "visiting" times. As time went by I felt like part of a larger family. Another difference was having college students who came in to volunteer with the residents and all the outside musical groups that would perform for all. It was a very good choice for our family. I would highly recommend University Living.

Posted by spark1 July 06, 2012
4.0

Good amenities. Decor was slightly out dated but the place was kept up nicely and to high standards. Lots of social programs and activities for residents. Good community-outing opportunities. There seemed to be a lack of activity on the "dementia care/memory care" unit as compared to the rest of the facility.

Posted by LinCM July 05, 2012

This is the 2nd assisted living facilities we stayed in AA. We chose University Living after carefully selections and several onsite visits by our family. This place is not "cheap" but it has adequate and well scheduled and managed care service staff. The foods here are very good and provides good menu selections. Being an architect/planner myself, I was surprised the entire facility is very well designed and functional. With my own critical eyes, I can not make any suggestions for improvements.

Posted by Kate Thomas June 06, 2012

We were impressed with University Living from the moment we had contact with their Marketing Director. From that day on and for the next 5 years they were accommodating, compassionate, proactive, personable and highly professional. From the Directors to the Care Staff, from the Nurses to the Food Servers, to the Administration and the House Keeping, they cared about their residents. Mum could be a handful. She was a strong personality and a bit of a "collector". No matter how difficult the situation became, they never lost sight of her individual needs and desires. So many kind and thoughtful acts were initiated to promote her health, happiness and well being it is hard to list them all. Mum ending up having to move out a couple of times for hospitalizations and rehab, but we always brought her back home because we knew UL was the finest care we could provide for her in SE Michigan. I can recommend University Living with out hesitation. Professionally I perform Animal Assisted Therapy so we have been in every nursing home and assisted living facility within 30 miles. UL is our top choice for loved ones.

Posted by StoopWel June 12, 2011
3.0

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother lived at this facility for over 2 years. She was diagnosed with alzheimer's several years prior, and we were desperately seeking a place where her condition could be tolerated. This living area was very homely in the respect that the furniture was up to date, the meals were provided with a tasteful air, and all the other seniors lodging there seemed relatively tranquil. The main drawback with this place was the monthly cost and the heckling presented concerning my grandmother's disposition. Indeed, she wasn't the easiest person to have roaming the hallways, but the staff seemed overtly critical in regards to someone who had a severe case of dementia and who recently lost her husband due to the same ailments. After two years, we had to move her out of the living facility. However, they provided enough patience during this time for me not to feel entirely resentful over the situation. In short: not the best, but not the worst.

Location of University Living at Ann Arbor

Features of University Living at Ann Arbor

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Hiking Trails

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 3,300
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Website

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5