Availability

Reviews of Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging Adult Day Care

Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging Adult Day Care
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by caring09161 September 25, 2013

My in-laws are going to Handmaker Jewish Services for about six hours a day. This is the most affordable day care center in the area. They provide a snack and a lunch for my in-laws. They also have activities that they could enjoy. They have arts, games, and others that help with whatever level of dementia their clients have. I also don't have to worry about them wandering off because Handmaker has a center that is controlled and secured. Their staff is excellent. They know exactly what they're doing. My mom stayed there in 1993 and since then, they made a lot of advancement. It is even better now. A lot better now! They have other levels of care. They have daycare, assisted living, Alzheimer's unit, and hospice care.

Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging Adult Day Care
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by tucson59 July 11, 2013
2.0

I thought Handmakers was better than this. My brother has been going here for yrs & not until I recently moved here, I know have 1st hand knowledge of what they are or aren't doing to help their Day Care Elderly Persons. Sometimes my brother brings home some of the cutest things they made that day but most of the time it's useless or no thinking projects like coloring. I've seen exercise equipment there but not one of the day care persons can use them so all day long they sit maybe 6 to a table & craft, color or talk. When the weather is cooler why can't a few go on a walk instead of sitting all day. When they come home that's all they want to do. Come on these Day Care persons can use better activities for some of the day care persons that aren't in a wheelchair or don't want to participate. Remember use it or you'll lose it. Muscle mass is part of that because the more they sit around their legs are getting weaker & weaker. I've been to Handmakers during different times of the day & same all the time-boring. That's what my brother tells me everyday. So no 5 stars here & I'm being nice giving it 2 stars.

Location of Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging Adult Day Care