Availability

Transportation

Unknown

Reviews of Encore Memory Care Day Center

Posted by The Spouse October 25, 2013

I want to tell all, how satisfied I am with your Memory Day Care. After being satisfied with cleanliness, prettiness, and all that, it was the relationship, attentiveness, kindness the interaction the employees had with the guests. The memory games they played, entertainment that kept all the guests attention. I did not bother to look any farther. The food and snacks they receive are of top quality and tasty. But most of all it was the improvement in my wifes' actions at home, it was easier to take care of her here at home, she eats better, sleeps better and has really helped me out here at home. Ray

Posted by uniwendy May 30, 2013

My husband was diagnosed with dementia even though he is relatively young. I still work full time and struggle taking care of him and focusing on work while he is home alone all day. I found Encore on the internet and went for a appointment to see what they could offer. Laura was so kind and spoke to my husband as if they had known each other for years. She showed us the facility and we met everyone there. It made him so comfortable that he was excited about visiting the next available day. When I took him they remembered his name and mine! That is excellent customer service that I wasn't expecting. It is so much like home! I was apprehensive all day, but when I picked him up he was laughing and enjoying his new friends. I figured he would be tired, and he was, but wanted to go back the next day. That is a testament to their caring staff and the respect they have for their clients. I love this place and am so happy we found them.

Posted by Sally H January 30, 2013

My daughter has been attending Encore for 1 1/2 years. It's one of the biggest blessings in my life. I had searched for a long time to find a day program for her where she can have fun, participate in many different activities, and interact with other people. Encore is fabulous! The staff is wonderful, caring and supportive, not to mention FUN !. They bring in various entertainment monthly, from musicians to art, just to name a few. The facility is a comfortable "home" away from home, which makes me feel free to go about my day without a worry. We LOVE, LOVE Encore! I highly, highly recommend it for your loved one. Go check it out. You truly won't be disappointed.

Posted by Jacksonbr January 16, 2013

My wife was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease about 12 years ago and has mild dementia. Over the years, she has required more and more care. I began to realize I needed some time during the week just for me and to get errands done that just didn't fit into the schedule. Encore has been the perfect solution for us. When we first considered care away from home, my wife was very resistant to the idea. It took me several months to convince her that I needed some time for myself. After the first half day visit, she began to be more comfortable being with others away from home. She found that she enjoyed the many activities that were scheduled each day and the loving care and attention she received from the staff. The facility is new, bright, clean and functional. We are so blessed to have a place like Encore to help us through a difficult time in our lives. My wife has developed friendships with the other folks attending Encore as well as the staff. A few times, I have observed her smiling or laughing while she was participating in group activities. I have confidence that my wife is being cared for in a very professional and caring way. We have recommended Encore to several of our acquaintances who seek the services offered by Encore.

Posted by Caring9007 January 03, 2013

I have had my wife at Encore for about a year and a half. It has been a godsend for me to have a safe place for her to stay while I am able to attend to other things and activities besides being her full time care giver. The staff is well trained in handling memory impaired patients and are always kind, compassionate and attentive to my wife's needs. I cannot say enough about the facility and staff. It has made a big difference in my quality of life. A good sign of their effectiveness is that my wife is always happy when I pick her up even though she really can't remember any details of her day. What a blessing Encore has been!

Posted by Bette Williams December 23, 2012

What a blessing Encore has been for our family. We are trying to keep our mom in her familiar surroundings while we still need to work and continue with our other life responsibilities. She is able to live in her comfortable environment with support, then enjoy Encore during the day. The feel you have when you enter is one of love, joy, understanding and acceptance of all who enter. The entire staff is so loving and caring about each of their guests. They know their likes and dislikes. They know and truly understand Dementia and how best to help their guests live happy, stimulating days. Activities are changed about every 30 minutes designed to stretch the mind, body and soul. Mom loves going everyday:) It will be a sad day if we come to a time that mom can no longer live at home with Encore support during the day. I tell everyone that might have a need what a special place Encore is! This happens from the very top down - Thank you for your investment in a much needed option for families caring for loved ones with Dementia.

Kaypaggi.jpg
Posted by Kay Paggi September 21, 2011
4.0

Encore is a new adult day center in west Plano. The Dallas area does not have enough places for people with memory loss to stay safely during the daytime; Encore is a much needed addition. Encore is in partnership with the people who own the Autumn Leaves communities for dementia care. Laura and her husband, the owners of Encore, and their staff have gotten hours of education and experience from Autumn Leaves.

The first thing you see about the facility is an outdoor seating area with a grill and tall iron fence; the main door opens into a large indoor area. The "˜guests' and their families enter the facility with a plastic card so they need not ring a bell or knock. The interior space is divided into several rooms, one with recliners in front of a large TV, another with tables for games and dining, a room with a piano and space for dancing, a library with internet connections, and a room with a hydrotherapy tub. The furnishings have obviously been chosen by someone who knows older people: the tables have round edges, the chair have arms and no wheels, and there are other touches that clearly say, "˜We know you, and you are welcome and safe here.'

There is a nutritionist on staff, a beauty parlor in the building, and there is a nurse on duty. The facility has 4800 sq ft, built in a circle around the kitchen; the walls actually curve. It is wheelchair accessible.

Encore is at the corner of Plano Parkway and Midway Rd, on the end of a shopping center.

Posted by Big Smiles August 25, 2011

This is a brand new state licensed facily. I had no idea what to expect. But, I was so pleased at how beautiful it was and how loving the whole staff was to me and my Mom. By the time we finished the tour "I wanted to stay there, too". Also, they have half days rates.

Location of Encore Memory Care Day Center