Is my blood sugar level of 288 too high?

Diabetic_55 asked...

Answers
CalCNA12 answered...

A blood glucose level of 288 mg/dL or above attained from either the Fasting Plasma (FPG) or Random Glucose Tests generally indicates extreme hyperglycemia. Hyperglycemia is a condition that occurs when the body doesn't have enough insulin. Consistent blood sugar levels of 288 mg/dL or higher indicate a high risk for diabetes. You should consult with your physician immediately, and make sure to check your urine for ketones before exercising.

Learn more about hyperglycemia and diabetes.

Rebecca_VBall answered...

If your blood sugar is 288 of a blood sugar you might want to consult a doctor of this... if you are not aware of a diagnosis of diabetes. If you have diabetes and are experiencing this blood sugar, it may just be from to many carbs and not enough insulin. If you are experiencing many of this readings consistantly, and you are aware you have diabetes, you may want to test for keytones. A easy way to test this is with Ketostix. I hope this helps with your problem.

Rebecca