The Waterford at Oshkosh

Reviews of The Waterford at Oshkosh

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Oshkosh

October 21, 2018

By JW

The Waterford at Oshkosh looked newer. I thought the rooms were small, but that's because they wanted people to congregate in the community area. The employees were very friendly and helpful. There was a large community room where they would play bingo and watch movies and TV. They had a popcorn night and different special nights like hula night where the staff would dress up and the residents too. The residents seemed to take part in a lot of activities. The dining area was cafeteria style, and I wondered if that would be appropriate for more elderly people, but it seemed there were people going through the line quite easily who found ample seating. If you requested a meal to be brought to you, they would do that too.

May 09, 2018

By Jay

My visit with The Waterford at Oshkosh was OK, but the staff was not up to the level of the other two we visited, and the facility wasn't as nice. The room we saw was just a studio and kind of felt like a hotel room. Based on the size of the facility and what they have there to work with, I don't know if there's a whole lot they could do. They had a fairly active art program there, but other than that it was just the standard stuff. They had three meals a day.

October 13, 2016

By Scott854656

The Waterford was a new facility, it was more homey, and the rooms were very nice, but were not as big. There was one main room, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom, but no separate bedrooms. There were a lot of couches, chairs, TVs, and activities for people to do. It was more expensive, but the staff was very helpful.

July 27, 2016

By Jennifer876573

My grandmother will be moving to The Waterford at Oshkosh. The reason I chose it is because they have very person-centered care. I was happy with the staff, and I noticed right away that the technology there is of good quality. All the rooms are bright, and it’s really nice. They have fresh fruits and salad bar every day which was important to my grandma. I also like that everything is on the first floor. They also have a beauty salon right on-site.

Questions about The Waterford at Oshkosh

What places are near The Waterford at Oshkosh or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Waterford is walking distance to some great restaurants like the Chalice, Leon's, Pizza Hut and Starbucks etc... We have shops as well like Walgreens, Dollar Tree and Pick N' Save. If you fancy the arts we are near by the Pain Art Center and Gardens.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Oshkosh offer to assisted living residents?

The Waterford will arrange transportation with Cabulance or Running Inc. Family members also have the option of providing transportation for their loved one.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Waterford at Oshkosh during daytime and nighttime hours?

The Waterford has great care staff to resident care ratio's. It is 1-6 during the day. During the night this drops down to 1-12. Cares are significantly lower during the night time hours.

If The Waterford at Oshkosh accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept your fury friends. The Waterford has spacious apartments and beautiful grounds with plenty of grass for your animal to play. Your cat or dog cannot exceed 25 lbs.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The Waterford has our staff do 1 to 2 accredited continuing educations monthly. We are continually learning to improve ourselves for our residents.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Oshkosh provide to protect residents who wander?

The Waterford at Oshkosh utilized a wander-guard system. This is also a gated community.

Photos of The Waterford at Oshkosh

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Oshkosh

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About The Waterford at Oshkosh

The Waterford at Oshkosh offers our residents some of the most impressive amenities and sought-after features currently available. Our Assisted Living community in Oshkosh, WI, right by the Fox River allows residents to hang up their hats and let our friendly staff take care of the details of life. From medication reminders and administration to escort and transfer assistance, our caring professionals lend a helping hand while providing quality care. Our residents remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive, well-appointed environment with thoughtful amenities and features that enrich the quality of their life. The gated community encourages companionship with a large, elegant dining room where residents are treated to three buffet-style meals daily in addition to ice cream and soda machines. Bingo and theater rooms are the pride and joy of many of our residents, providing an outlet for fun and socialization. Residents who take advantage of our scheduled courtesy transportation or the public bus system have easy access to an array of shopping, dining, entertainment and medical venues.

Map of The Waterford at Oshkosh