Island Shores Neenah, WI

Reviews of Island Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Island Shores

July 28, 2016

By Janet624616

From the quick tour that we had at Island Shores, I was not impressed at all. It did not seem as caring and felt like the residents were more secluded. I felt that they need to be more personable. What really struck me was that if I put my mom in there and she cannot get to their dining room for her food, she would have to pay someone to bring food to her room.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. While our top priority is exceptional care, we also pride ourselves on a social dining experience. I welcome your ideas on room tray delivery options and ways to encourage a more collective atmosphere. If there is any way we can be a resource for you in the future I encourage you to contact me directly. You may reach me at (920) 725-7110 during normal business hours. –Heather Hintz, Executive Director

March 08, 2016

By RK4

The staff at Island Shores was fairly easy to work with and showed us everything we needed to know. The people were friendly. I liked the entire facility. The rooms were spacious and very nice looking. The dining room was really nice, too. They take the residents on bus trips to go shopping and stuff like that. It was a very nice facility.

December 28, 2015

By MJ12

Island Shores was fine. We visited one room that had a bed and a little bath with any other facility in there. The general atmosphere was nice, the area around it was nice, and the staff was very helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and share your feedback. While our top priority is exceptional care, we also pride ourselves on our fantastic staff and we are glad you had a great experience with them. If there is any way we can be a resource for you in the future I encourage you to contact me directly. You may reach me at (920) 725-7110 during normal business hours. –Heather Hintz, Executive Director

April 17, 2015

By Jan49

Island Shores was too big a place. They would get lost in there. The staff were very knowledgeable, very nice, and considerate, and they sound like they care for their people. If they are able to get around decently, they'll be fine. It's a beautiful place.

January 26, 2015

By Karen101480450

I visited Island Shores over Neenah. I thought it was a high-end facility, and I expected that to be nicer because I know people there. It looks so nice on the outside, but I wasn't very impressed with inside. They were helpful, but we didn't really sit down and go through a lot. I wasn't really impressed with them. I thought they would be nicer than they were. I thought they would have a better deal because they were on the water. I wasn't too impressed. I thought the rooms didn't have a lot of windows in them. I think Island Shore had a nice lobby and entrance area. The dining area and the lounge room are nice. The rooms seemed rather old and not very modernized. But the rooms there are bigger, and that's the part I like the most.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am very sorry to hear that our community did not meet your expectations. While our top priority is exceptional care, we also strive to create the most ideal living environment for the Seniors who call Island Shores “home”. We are open to your suggestions regarding apartment upgrades. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person about your feedback and I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience at Island Shores. You can contact me at (920) 725-7110 during normal business hours. –Heather Hintz, Executive Director

December 28, 2014

Island Shores was wonderful. Everyone was very kind. The marketing director was very nice and very thorough, but the facility was too expensive. However, it was a gorgeous place. Some of my husband's aunts and uncles lived there. The place was clean, beautiful, and well taken care of. The staff was all wonderful.

November 20, 2012

By EEWER

I found very little wrong with Island Shores. It was tastefully decorated and clean. The Staff was attentive and professional. Upon entering the patient's room, I noticed how comfortable the room looked. Again, the room was clean and finely decorated. The care provided during my visit was exceptional. I know that my patient is getting extremely good care while residing there.

Independent Living Reviews for Island Shores

Costs for Island Shores

Photos of Island Shores

Services and Amenities of Island Shores

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Licenses: RCAC

About Island Shores

Island Shores offers independent living in Neenah for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

Our private retirement apartments offer all of the amenities of home. On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Island Shores will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Dining for Wellness - educational and wellness program