Parkside Manor Kenosha, WI

Reviews of Parkside Manor

Memory Care Reviews for Parkside Manor

May 12, 2016

By mkrueger1215

This is a nice facility. That is, as long as your loved one is still capable of caring for themselves. When my grandmother first moved in in January, she was somewhat independent and had moderate dementia and Parkinson's. As her condition worsened throughout the past few months, it seems that so did the care provided to her. There was an incident in which she was not given prescribed medication, because they did not have any in stock. They did not have her dementia medicine at a memory care facility. We have also been lied to about the frequency of her showers and the brushing of her teeth, when it is evident that neither has been touched. In addition to the lying, it seems that almost every time we come to visit (which is often), my grandma is slouched over and nearly falling out of her wheelchair. The staff are usually busy talking to each other or interacting with the higher-functioning residents, while the more disabled residents sit in their wheelchairs staring at each other, with little to no contact with anyone. There have been numerous times that I myself have assisted a resident or gone to find a staff member because no one was paying attention. On one occasion, we got there and found that my grandma has wet her pants, and had been sitting there so long that it was cold and already drying. I don't care what her mental state may be, this is absolutely dehumanizing and wrong. If that weren't enough, just weeks later we found an open container of urine sitting on her dresser, just 3 feet from her bed. This is a healthcare facility. We were told that she receives shakes or smoothies twice every day, but have never seen this happen when we visit in the afternoon, and her lips are often cracked and bleeding from lack of water. My mother has tried to be patient and understanding with this place, but her emails requesting basic care like cleanliness, either go unanswered or receive an empty promise. It was not until I wrote a similar review on another senior care website that our requests were taken seriously, which goes to show that they do not care as much about the patients' health and family satisfaction, as they do their "award-winning" reputation. If this were a child at a daycare would they be ignored and left with food all over their hands and clothes, sitting in their own urine? No. So why is the expectation any less for the elderly? Some of the staff here truly are phenomenal, but others make it so clear that this is just business to them. If your loved one is high-functioning I'm sure this is a great place for them, but I would suggest taking the time to observe the care given. It is really unfortunate that we have had such a bad experience with a facility that is supposed to be one of the best.

My name is David Troy, Operations Specialist, and I wanted to thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback based on your experience. At Parkside Manor, we take pride in the comfort and care we offer the residents, and we use this valuable feedback to grow and enhance our training to improve the services your loved one deserves. We take all comments and concerns very seriously, and I would invite you to reach out to me directly at dtroy@seniorlifestyle.com should you have any additional input you feel we should know. Thank you again, David Troy

October 30, 2015

By Jeff45

Parkside Manor was more like a home versus a facility. The place seemed nice. I would be comfortable with my dad living there. I liked that it seemed clean and open. The had some activities, but I did not pay much attention to them. The people that worked there seemed friendly. They seemed to know what they were doing and cared about the clients.

March 19, 2015

By CathalsMom

Other

I have been a volunteer at Parkside Manor for over 3 years. I visit weekly with my therapy dogs. I have visited numerous facilities in the years I have been involved in therapy dog work, and find Parkside Manor to be one of the best. The staff is hands on and friendly and they are always visible. The facility is clean and well maintained. I have formed wonderful friendships with the residences and throughly enjoy my visits and they, mine. Part of that enjoyment is due to the caring staff and management. When I visit I never feel like I am entering an institution, but rather a warm environment. It always smells fresh and clean and the residences are smiling and interactive.

March 18, 2015

By amyv

My father is 75 years old and has Alzheimer's disease. Over the last 6 years it has progressively gotten worse as we expected. Two and a half years ago i became legal guardian of him due to the illness and his inability to care for himself. We took a big step and moved him from his home in Oregon. He lived with my husband and me for about 2 months before we realized we would not be able to care for him in our home either. It was scary to leave him home alone all day while we were at work, scary that he might take a walk and not find his way back, scary that he might try to cook and start a fire, etc. I began the task of trying to find good, clean, friendly assisted living for my Dad. A Parkside Manor staff member came to our home to evaluate and meet my Dad after we had toured the facility. The place impressed us right away because everyone from the front desk staff to the nursing staff to the kitchen staff was friendly and helpful to our questions. My Dad is vegetarian and they accommodate that for us, they wash his clothes and bedding, feed him, give him his meals, bring his medications to him twice a day and have plenty of activities for all the residents to do both day and night. In the warmer months they go on outings which he loves. It's clean and everyone seems to help out as team to provide the care the residents need. It takes special people to care for someone with a memory problem. It can be frustrating because they need help remembering to do basic daily personal cares, they repeat questions over and over, and sometimes don't have a grasp on the world they are in here and now. Parkside Manor's staff members are all wonderful to both the residents and their visitors. They handle residents with respect and dignity which is very important to me. I plan on keeping my Dad at Parkside Manor for the length of his illness because of the care he gets and the peace of mind it gives me and my family.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Costs for Parkside Manor

Photos of Parkside Manor

Services and Amenities of Parkside Manor

About Parkside Manor

Our memory care community in Kenosha has been purposefully designed to provide your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

Memory Care
  • Emergency Response System
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team, served 3 times a day 24-hour
  • Staffing Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Personalized Care Plans
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program

Close proximity to afosters frequent intergenerationn elementary school, and day care facility which fosters intergenerational programs, Our community is designed to promote exercise, with indoor and outdoor walking paths, We offer beautifully landscaped and secure interior courtyards, that allow residents outdoor enjoyment and include raised flower beds so they can pursue their interests in gardening or raising flowers, All of our bathrooms are designed with seniors safety in mind including automatic sensor lighting, nonslip flooring, and walk in showers.

Map of Parkside Manor