Hickory Park

Reviews of Hickory Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Hickory Park

September 06, 2016

By Lynn355056

Hickory Park was very pleasant. I thought it was not a good fit for my parents, though, because it was more assisted living than independent. The pricing was good. The rooms were very pleasant and clean as well. The facility was very small and friendly.

December 30, 2015

By Redtail

Hickory Park is smaller than the other ones we visited. There are only 60-some residents in it which was easier to handle. The lady who assisted us was so nice. My brother has been very happy with this facility. It is a clean place with very good food. The price was right.

December 01, 2015

By anonymous115746350

The people were very nice at Hickory Park. They were helpful, and they answered all our questions. The dining area was nice, with a nice layout. I saw one room, and it was nice.

October 30, 2015

By Julie115080050

Hickory Park looked like one of those country inn, suite hotels. They have an open staircase going upstairs. It was absolutely gorgeous, but it wasn’t the right fit. The staff was very friendly, and they had a big activity room.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our communities' appearance. We are sorry to hear that we were not the perfect fit, but appreciate you giving us time. If ever you want to come back to visit or give any other feedback, please feel free to call.

August 13, 2015

By Fred32

I'm living in Hickory Park now, and it is an assisted living facility. It's three floors, and it's extremely noisy. It has changed in the years that I've been here. The staff has changed, and it's an unfortunate situation. It seems that they're more interested in selling their rooms. They're getting people in that really don't belong here. They're in here a short period of time. If the management decided that they caused too much problems, they had to look for some place else. It's quite a shame. In the last months, we have only four washing machines that the staff uses, and one of the washing machines has been broken for over two weeks. The staff does the laundry, and it puts them in a bind. I'm very dissatisfied. There are very few activities here especially for men other than maybe bingo and puzzles.

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience while residing at Hickory Park. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. If you could please contact me directly to share more information on how we could improve some of our services and offerings going forward I would appreciate it. Please contact Noel Pakulski, Executive Director, at 414-327-4571 or email npakulski@seniorlifestyle.com. Thank you!

July 28, 2015

Hickory Park was very nice. The people were friendly. It was clean. It seemed very well organized.

February 16, 2015

Hickory Park was very nice and clean, and everything up to date. The staff were very informative. They gave us a pretty good tour and called me back at least twice to see if I was interested.

December 09, 2014

By Susan102742250

We like Hickory Park, and my parents have been there since this summer, but my mother passed away last week. They are wonderful as far as the nursing staff helping to take care of my mother and working with the hospice team. It is very nice. They are doing very well now taking care of my dad, checking in on him and making sure that he is doing OK. My dad is living there by himself now. I don't know how long he will be there because it is very hard for him to live in the apartment that he and my mom shared. However, we are very happy with the place. They have wonderful meals there, and my mother's laundry is done because she is the person considered assisted. People check in on them all hours of the day and night, and if they decide not to go down for a meal, someone always knocks on the door to make sure they are OK and see if they need anything. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about them.

October 14, 2013

By Ruchell22

I couldn't be more pleased with Hickory Park. I could instantly sense the phenomenal atmosphere when I visited. The staff and residents made me feel at home. I have never been in a community that cares as much for their residents as they do. What a great community, I don't think there is a community like it around! Thank you again!

Independent Living Reviews for Hickory Park

Questions about Hickory Park

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Hickory Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a wide range from 62+. They love Dart ball, Happy Hour with live entertainment every Friday, Poker Club, Green Thumb, Crafting with Programming, Bingo, Monthly themed Dining Events, weekly Shopping Trips and much, much more!

What programs or activities does Hickory Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have our Brain Health University, exercise class, spiritual services, social time in our dining room, and availability to therapy services, and spa time in the salon.

What places are near Hickory Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

84 South Outdoor Mall, lots of shopping and eateries on 76th Street and then also on Highway 100.

What transportation services does Hickory Park offer to assisted living residents?

We have our own transport vehicle that we use to take residents to doctor appointments and other places.

What makes the chef or dining program at Hickory Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer made from scratch meals and it is customized to the needs and requests of our current residents. We have other offerings available at all times for anyone that would like something different.

What safety features or security measures does Hickory Park offer to assisted living residents?

We have a concierge 9am to 5pm and after hours the doors are secure. Residents have swipe cards for after hours and we have a call system in place for those that do not have access after hours.

How does Hickory Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have open communication with all of our families and we will call them with updates as needed and also through scheduled assessments.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Hickory Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff our community based off of the care needs of our current residents. This can fluctuate as the care needs change and also depending on how many residents need assisted living services.

If Hickory Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community and have walking paths outside and outdoor seating area on the 3rd floor patio.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly training we offer as well as training with therapy services and our RN.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Hickory Park has organized?

Mitchell Park Domes, scenic rides, shopping trips, church service, art museum, play at the local high school, casino, apple picking, Greendale Village, lunch outings, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Hickory Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

This is the same for all of our residents.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All areas of the community can be used by any resident living here.

Does Hickory Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Our Health and Wellness Director is an RN and works at the community Monday-Friday. We also have care staff that are here 24/7 and our RN is on call 24/7 by phone. We do partner up with local home health for specialized needs such as wound care and hospice services.

What safety features or security measures does Hickory Park provide to protect residents who wander?

Hickory Park is a RCAC and we are not a secure setting for someone that is a wander risk. We do however, have sister communities that we refer to for memory care needs.

Costs for Hickory Park

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Financial Guidance Extra: Resident Will Need 3 Years Of Private Pay

• Licenses: RCAC

About Hickory Park

Senior assisted living at Hickory Park offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Hickory Park, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Greenfield has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Hickory Park, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Hickory Park offers independent living in Greenfield for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Hickory Park will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Hickory Park is a senior living community in Greenfield, Wisconsin that provides independent living and assisted living services to senior citizens. With a convenient location outside of Milwaukee, Hickory Park retirement community offers independent living and assisted living to suit your unique needs. Designed for those who want companionship and amenities in a stimulating environment with a hospitality-centered staff, Hickory Park senior living in Greenfield complements the best of Living Life. Join us at Hickory Park where your next adventure is just around the corner. The options are endless at Hickory Park. Relax. It's time to Live Life to its fullest... at Hickory Park .

Map of Hickory Park