Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove

Reviews of Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove

July 28, 2015

By Lynne22

My mom was already in one, and I took her out, so she is living with me right now. I think Aster was a good place. I just thought it was too big. They didn't have -- and not that she needed it at that time -- but they didn't even have an elevator at one end of the building, and it was huge. So, she had to walk a really long distance to the one elevator. She was able to do it, but I don't know how many others could, or how much longer she would have been able to, and I just thought that it was really too big. I would want her in a smaller place than that. There wasn't enough staff. They were good, but there weren't enough of them. My mother had a two-room apartment, but there were efficiencies, which were one-room, and there may have been even three rooms in some of them. Hers was just a two-room apartment. It had a kitchenette, a full-sized refrigerator, and a full-sized stove -- but they feed them their meals there, so I didn't think that it was a good idea especially the stove because my mother has dementia -- and a microwave, which she used to put inappropriate things in there. I don't know why they wasted the space with that kitchen really. I think they did fairly well with the activities, and they took them out on outings. Some of them were kind of boring like to a shopping mall, but that is not the generation that goes to malls and likes to shop for a hobby like younger people do. They did take them out once a month somewhere. Mom did not sign up for many of those trips though. They didn't really interest her. I think they took them to see Christmas decorations around the city at Christmas time, they took them to a play, and they did a couple of other things that were fun.

About Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove

Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove is a senior living provider in Cottage Grove, Wisconsin that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove for more details on services and rates.

Map of Aster Retirement Community of Cottage Grove