Grand Horizons II

Reviews of Grand Horizons II

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Horizons II

June 26, 2014

By ask 66

I thought Horizons was very nice. My only problem there is if you are on government assistance, you have to share bathroom and you have to walk through one bedroom to get to another bedroom. So it looked like what they had done was turned a livingroom/bedroom into two bedrooms. Either you're going to be one person who has a bigger room, or you have to walk through that room to get to the other bedroom with the bathroom out in the other area. I didn't necessarily like that.

March 06, 2012

By ctopaz1

My mother was a resident of Grand Horizons Assisted Living in Appleton, Wisconsin for only a short time before her death. My sister and I found the facility because the nursing home she had been in previously requested we move her. Apparently her status as an Alzheimer patient could not be adequately addressed at that particular nursing home, although she had been there more than two years. Grand Horizons is comprised of three buildings with one of the buildings being specified for Alzheimer patients. My sister and I moved our mother just before Christmas during extremely cold weather. I do not know if exposure to the cold created her illness, but within two weeks of the move my mother was very ill with pneumonia. The nurses and owners of the home were able to help her regain her health for a short time, but the illness returned after a short time. My mother passed away within two months of the time she was moved, but my sister and I are grateful for the loving care she was given at the home.

July 11, 2011

By Rous5t0rm

Other

My Mother developed Alzheimers over the past five years before being admitted into this facility. She had spent about two years at a nursing home, but as she became more difficult to care for, my sister and I were asked to move her within 30 days. We were very happy with my Mother's treatment at Grand Horizons, but unfortunately she became ill with the flue shortly after we moved her. She lost her appetite, and in spite of appetizing and healthy meals, she lost interest in eating and drinking. Her strength bagan to fail within a couple weeks and in spite of the best efforts of Grand Horizons owners and staff, and the added efforts of my sister and myself, she passed away about two months after the move. During that time we were very impressed with the caring attitude and efforts above and beyond expectations exhibited by the facility owners. They did all they could to make her time there as comfortable as possible and greatly helped my sister and I deal with our loss. I would certainly recommend Grand Horizons as a choice for anyone looking for excellent senior care for elderly loved ones.

Costs for Grand Horizons II

Photos of Grand Horizons II

Services and Amenities of Grand Horizons II

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Grand Horizons II

Grand Horizons's mission is to provide high quality care to our residents in a warm and safe environment. Our caring staff will work together with your physician, as a team consisting of experienced nurses, caregivers and administrators to provide you or your loved one with the best possible care. We have 24 hour nursing care staff, a beauty shop, daily activities, a relaxing sunroom, free wifi internet, and our own personal chef. Family and friends are more than welcome to visit. We have spacious parking and an annual event picnic for family time. Here at Grand Horizons, we make it our goal to provide you a place you can call "your home" where you can live comfortably, with pride and dignity through the rest of your life.

Grand Horizons is a place that strives to make you feel at home. We are family orientated, caring, and compassionate about the services we provide to each individual and their family.

Map of Grand Horizons II