Carolina Assisted Living

Reviews of Carolina Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Carolina Assisted Living

September 02, 2016

By Richard701734

Carolina Manor is nice, but the rooms are very small. The staff is friendly and very good. The dining room is alright.

March 28, 2016

By Randy G.

My dad has been in Carolina Assisted Living for a little over two months now. I like the setting because it is tastefully done. So far, the staff has been good. I do not have any complaints. They do bingo every day, have ice cream socials, and do outdoor activities. They actually want my father to do a demonstration on archery. They seem to keep them occupied.

September 29, 2011

By ctopaz1

Four years ago my family and I made the decision to look for an assisted living facility for my Mother. As she was in the beginning stages of alzheimers disease, she was getting more and more forgetful and needed help remembering her medications and also with her personal care. My sister and I visited Carolina Manor and found it to be very home-like. My Mother did not really want to leave her home, but realized she needed help so she agreed to try the home. My sister worked at decorating her room with her favorite things and even painted a stencil border on the upper part of the wall. We visited her daily, often at mealtime so we could evaluate how well she was eating. This situation worked well for several months, but one day we got a call from the home telling us Mom had fallen and was very confused. She was transported to the hospital and ended up staying there about four days. It seems she wasn't drinking enough water and her caretakers were not monitoring her intake closely enough. She was on high calcium intake per doctor's orders, and without enough water to dilute the calcium, it began to cause extreme confusion. Mom was not able to return to Carolina Manor and was moved to a nursing home where she could be more closely monitored. While assisted living is a great option for many elderly people, it's important to determine the level of supervision needed by the prospective resident.

Costs for Carolina Assisted Living

Photos of Carolina Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Carolina Assisted Living

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1

• Licenses: Class C CBRF
  • State Licenses: 0011930

About Carolina Assisted Living

Carolina Assisted Living is a state licensed Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) located on the North side of Appleton, near the corners of Bluemound and Northland Ave. Our community consists of 45 large, studio apartments - each with a private bathroom. We also boast a beauty shop, intimate dining room, large sunny living rooms and an outdoor patio and planting area. We're famous for our home cooked meals and fun-filled activities. Residents often say, "I wish I had moved in sooner."

Our trained staff are available 24-hours per day to assist with personal cares such as medication administration and monitoring, bathing, dressing, incontinence (toileting), ambulating from chair to bed or from room to room and assistance with all other activities of daily living. We specialize in chronic issues such as Diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, early stage memory loss and colostomy care.

Carolina Assisted Living’s Wellness Team consists of an Administrator, registered nurse, certified nursing assistants, dietary staff and maintenance personnel.

Our elder centered approach to wellness ensures that our residents experience safe and loving care in a true home-style setting.

Map of Carolina Assisted Living