Elmcroft of Maplewood

Elmcroft of Maplewood (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Elmcroft of Maplewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Maplewood

By Ruth20

I think the Emeritus at Maplewood is an excellent facility. They're doing a great job providing nursing care. They've just been on top of my mom's needs, so it's worked out very, very well.

December 30, 2013

Our visit at Emeritus at Maplewood was nice. The staff showed us around and it’s a beautiful place, but mom could not afford it. They also showed us the dining room, but we didn’t get the chance to eat there. I know they have bingo, although I'm not sure what other activities they have. Overall, the facility was nice and really well maintained. It had everything there.

October 21, 2013

By Onie

My mother moved to Emeritus and she loved it. It's the only one in the area. The staff is excellent and everybody is super nice. They help her out and they're great. I have no bad word to say about it and neither does my mom. They have bingo all the time and she looks forward to it. They have trips to fairs, they came down the Apple Butter festival, they take her shopping and they take her to doctors' appointments on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I'm considering moving there.

October 09, 2013

By Terry18

I'm considering Emeritus for my brother. It is an excellent place. They offer different levels of care. They have independent living and assisted living. They have all sorts of activities for their residents. However, it would be nice if they would be willing to accept Medicaid. Nevertheless, I would surely recommend this place to others.

April 14, 2012

Used to be excellent. Not anymore. Bad food, bad staffing, robberies, bad care, rundown facilities. I do not recommend it to anyone.

Independent Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Maplewood

October 16, 2014

By Debbe1

Emeritus at Maplewood was an extended care. You could go in and have an apartment of your own, then just have assistance. They had a doctor on duty, nursing aides, and people coming to clean. Then you could move up to more care that was personal. They had a nursing home on the ground. It was a beautiful place. It was like a country club. The person that I knew who stayed there had passed away, but he was given extremely good care and loved it there. He was very old and had health problems, but they were very good to him. Everyone was very satisfied with the help he had there. For what I understand, the security was very good, but I never specifically asked. That would be my main choice for everyone, but I knew it was very expensive.

By Caring Kofe

Emeritus at Maplewood had wonderful facilities. Their apartments seemed well taken care of. It was on a Saturday that I had a tour, so I didn't really meet too many staff but the people I talked to were very friendly and gave me information that I needed. They seemed to offer a lot of different activities.

December 30, 2013

My Aunt was in Bridgeport Campus (Emeritus at Maplewood). The independent facility was very nice and very clean. It was a large building with a parking area adjacent to it. She is in a small apartment and she could have someone come in and help her keep up her apartment. They had a meal program, a dining room, and a library. They also had transportation service. They had lots of activities there that they could do. I thought they had field trips, but they didn't plan big. They didn't go on long distance nice trips.

Questions about Elmcroft of Maplewood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Elmcroft of Maplewood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our Assisted Living Residents is 87 years old. Many of our Residents enjoy playing Bingo, attending movie nights, playing card games, and going on scenic joy rides through out the beautiful countryside of West Virginia.

What programs or activities does Elmcroft of Maplewood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

BeFit daily morning exercise, Flex Your Brain Trivia, Promises Bible Study group, Flex Your Brain Crossword Puzzles, What's in the News? Current Event Discussions.

What places are near Elmcroft of Maplewood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are minutes from the Meadowbrook Mall, Eastpointe Shopping Plaza, and several restaurants in Bridgeport WV.

What transportation services does Elmcroft of Maplewood offer to assisted living residents?

We offer free transportation to off site events and doctor appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elmcroft of Maplewood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Here at Brookdale, we hold high standards to our Resident's dining experience. Our dining room is a sit down formal dining experience where residents and their guest get to choose their meal from a menu, including 2 specials for lunch and dinner and a dessert option.

What safety features or security measures does Elmcroft of Maplewood offer to assisted living residents?

Assisted Living Residents are all provided with a safety pendant that they can use whenever they feel they need assistance. 24 hour nursing care is provided 365 days a year along with 2 hour checks through out the days and nights.

How does Elmcroft of Maplewood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Health and Wellness Director will reach out to families on a regular basis to keep them informed on their loved ones. An associate will be available to answer phone calls 24 hours a day in case of an emergency. Our Activities Director will also update our local Facebook page with photos of our residents having a blast with our activities coordinators.

If Elmcroft of Maplewood accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our community is pet friendly. Pets are allowed to enjoy any area outside that is safe as well as any community area. Pets, except for service animals, are not allowed into the dining areas.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Elmcroft of Maplewood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our Independent Living Residents is 85 years old. Our residents on Independent still enjoy being active, social, and traveling. They enjoy going on weekly lunch outings, attending Mix and Mingle, BeFit exercise classes, Bingo, Card Games and Billiards.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Elmcroft of Maplewood has organized?

Trips to Seneca Rocks, Pittsburgh, West Virginia Hatchery, Festival of Lights, several different festivals and fairs. Our Activities Director is open to any suggestions from residents on where they would like to go on a trip and will do her best to make sure it happens.

What transportation services does Elmcroft of Maplewood offer to independent living residents?

We offer free transportation to any off site events and local doctor appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elmcroft of Maplewood exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Billiards Room, Multi Purpose room, Chapel, Conference Room, Dining Room, Game Room, Library, Mail Room, Front Lobby Sitting Area, Exercise Room

What safety features or security measures does Elmcroft of Maplewood offer to independent living residents?

We offer on site security 24 hours a day. Doors are locked from the outside at 8pm and require a safety code to access the building. Residents are given a safety pendent when they move in, in the case that there is an emergency and they need medical attention from one of our nurses.

Costs for Elmcroft of Maplewood

Photos of Elmcroft of Maplewood

Services and Amenities of Elmcroft of Maplewood

• State Licenses: License# WV507567

About Elmcroft of Maplewood

Elmcroft of Maplewood’s countryside campus is located in a picturesque valley with scenic views of the surrounding hills and farms, a pond and extensive walking paths throughout the campus. And, our community is also just minutes from downtown Bridgeport. We offer a wide variety of activities and employ caring, professional staff to ensure residents have opportunities to engage their interests while enjoying homelike comforts and the attentive care they need to live as independently and safely as possible.

• Concierge